Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the most basic and cheapest tender available for my bikes over the winter. Actualy need about three of them.

I thought i saw a place once that had them for $19 each.

So whats out? and where?

If you have one tell me about it and post a picture if you can.

I know nothing about them.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
i don't have a link but i'm wanting to say i've seen a 3 bank tender before. i was looking into them when i had my bass boat. i had three batteries on it but never bought a tender. just a thought

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I picked up mine from wally-world for like 20 dollars. Nothing to write home about but for the price I am happy with it.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok Ill look them up and see if they have a online store. Im sure we dont have a wally world here in the DC area.

Oh plus I want one for each bike vs 1 that service 3 bikes. id have to spiderweb cords all over the place.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I have one tender...and each of my 3 bikes have the pigtails installed on them. Whenever I tender the bikes I just do one at a time. You can get one from cycle gear...and you can get the tails too...makes it easier - you just connect the tails to the battery and run the line up the sub-frame and zip-tie it so it stays in place under your cowl or passenger seat. This way, you don't need to go through all the hassle of unscrewing shit to get your main seat off...just unlock your pillion or cowl and there it is...just plug in and charge.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one tender...and each of my 3 bikes have the pigtails installed on them. Whenever I tender the bikes I just do one at a time. You can get one from cycle gear...and you can get the tails too...makes it easier - you just connect the tails to the battery and run the line up the sub-frame and zip-tie it so it stays in place under your cowl or passenger seat. This way, you don't need to go through all the hassle of unscrewing shit to get your main seat off...just unlock your pillion or cowl and there it is...just plug in and charge.

[email protected] not knowing wally world is Wal-Mart...

thats sounds like my plan thus far...

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I don't trust those $20 float chargers. Not worth the risk to me of it failing and overcharging/frying a batt.
I know a guy who uses the cheapies and then is surprised that when he comes back, his batt is no good.

I use the real, Deltran Batt tender Jr (have 2) and one battery tender plus. I've used them since 1994 and always been happy with them.
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=DEL_021-0123

http://www.cyclegear.com/productlist.cfm
$40 X 3 kind of sucks, I collected mine over time, but a new batt costs more and if it went real bad with a cheap charger could be even worse.

The Jr is fine, the plus can just charge a little faster.

My 05 is still on it's original batt having had a tender all it's life.

Tenders monitor temp as well as batt volts and are just better IMO.

There is that other expensive brand that can undo sulfation, optimate maybe?
Those are probably great too, a tender basically just prevents suflation.

Even AAA and Harley put their name on Deltran tenders and sell them.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This may be okay, I think we had a discussion here once where people said they had good luck with these.

At least it says it is fully automatic AND a maintainer.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...ayName=StartingandCharging&_requestid=1968955

Good looking out...
the owner of the race shop i frequent just text me the same model then he called me and said dont do the cheap ones :(

The battery in my 06 is toast already so ima wait until the new season to get one.

The shop i use sells me the cycledyne??????? battery for $45 he said that was his normal price...i sure hope so since i need a second one.

thanks...im glad i posted this thread.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
http://www.cyclegear.com/productlist.cfm
$40 X 3 kind of sucks, I collected mine over time, but a new batt costs more and if it went real bad with a cheap charger could be even worse.
Yeah...X3 would be expensive...but I simply have 3 pigtails...and one charger/tender I picked up from HD for like $28.00 The piggys were $6 each I think.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
WalMart has the Schumacher motorcycle battery tenders for $19.97

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
battery tender jr.
amazon 22.43 each free ship over 25
I have 6 of them on boat/jetski/motorcycle batteries

now thats FTW !!!!! thanks, I buy so much stuff from amazon i forget about this smaller bike stuff....

with a price like that i can get all three. but ima start out with two since one bikes batery is toast.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
now thats FTW !!!!! thanks, I buy so much stuff from amazon i forget about this smaller bike stuff....

with a price like that i can get all three. but ima start out with two since one bikes batery is toast.
And they each come with a permanent pig tail and a clip on pig tail.
So you could cut the clamps off one of the clip on pigs and put that one on your other bike. It still has the inline fuse too.

Then all three will have leads and you'll still have one clip on lead to use on what ever else needs it from time to time.

First thing I do with a new battery/bike when I get it home is to put it on the tender to allow it to come up to full charge.
And I use them all year round, even when I ride daily- can't hurt anything and If I ever have a plug in car, I'm already in the habit.:badteeth:

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
battery tender jr.
amazon 22.43 each free ship over 25
I have 6 of them on boat/jetski/motorcycle batteries
Sometimes I feel stupid asking small questions like "Battery Tenders" but I have to say the info I got from this thread was soooo informative.

I didnt know about the Jr. with floating capabilities, for just about 3 bucks more vs the cheap ones.

By posting this up here I saved alot of money and dont have to drive to the shop.

My local shop said $35 (including tax ) so $70 for two of them... Amazon.com equaled $45 for two of them... free shipping.

And thanks for the idea other made about buying a pig tail and installin it on the 3rd bike and sort of rotat them.

Honestly the bikes thats going to need the tenders are the two race bikes since they will be sitting until the end of march (unless i make a trip to Jennings FL). Ill still take the street bike out here and their.

thanks yall.

2 tender Jr ordered from amazon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts