Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it last night and I did get it to program all gears and I only ran the rpm's up to a max of 2000. Only question I have is when ran it last night to test it out, I stopped at a light and the gear indicator went from showing 1 to running circles like it was thinking? As soon as I took off it went back and registered 1st. Is that common?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ground Zero said:
That is how mine works as well. when the DG detects that the RPM/MPH ratio is not programmed as a given gear, stopped for isntance, it goes into a 'search mode' waiting for the ratio to return to a recognizable figure.
Gound Zero,

Thanks for the input. I had a chance to run the bike today and I figured after everything else worked that it was probably just the way it is. Thanks again.

Steve

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ground Zero said:
That is how mine works as well. when the DG detects that the RPM/MPH ratio is not programmed as a given gear, stopped for isntance, it goes into a 'search mode' waiting for the ratio to return to a recognizable figure.
If I may add to Ground Zero's explanation: The DG8 uses input from the speedometer, tachometer, and the bike's neutral sensor to determine what gear you are in. It stores the ratio between the speedometer and tachomoter when you program it. When you are stopped, there is no speedometer input, and hence it can't determine what gear the bike is in. However, the DG8 will always be able to determine when the bike is in neutral - even when stopped - because of the neutral sensor.

I hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Programmed my DG8 at 3K each gear. Works perfect.
You may get running circles because of pulled in clutch, so speed/rpm become unrecognizable.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Why don't they just use the GPS resistance values for gear indication instead of comapring speed/ tach readings? Seems like that would be easier, no?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts