Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm working on getting her all back together after the drop. Fairings to be here soon. While I was in there I decided to put in a set of Vortex lowering links and shave my seat. Guess what? I still can't flat foot LOL. Anyways I used the middle setting -1.25" and dropped my front 1.25". It looks awful low in the front. My question is do you guys running lowering links have issues with the front fender hitting the headlight assembly or is it just an illusion since I am sitting on a rear stand.

Attachments

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I had no problem with mine hitting i was the same height yours is set at....
I just removed my Schnitz Adjustable links today and raised the front back up...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
im in the same boat being 5'7 but o well, us little guys accelerate faster if its any constellation and most motoGP guys are on the small side

but yea i had to lower my 06 zx10r using vortex lowering links on the middle setting

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had the vortex links and dropped 1.25 like you and never had problems with the front cover. However i had problems with scrapping my exhaust on some bumps and rubbing my side lowers on some turns. No biggie on the side but hated hitting the bottom of my exhaust. Im 5'7 according to hollywood standards and dont have problems with my bike being at stock length.... Im not flat footing and dont see why your having problems with touching? You must have short legs? 28 or 29 inseam?:dontknow: I have a 29 inseam and riding at stock heigth with no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My heels are only an 1'' off the ground at lights. I wear tennis shoes all the time too.

·
Registered
648 Posts
lowering a bike is something that you DO NOT want to do! I understand why people lower bikes that use them for drag racing, but if your track and/or street riding i would NEVER lower a bike! People don't think it hurts or messes with anything, but it dramatically affects the handling of the bike! Someone mentioned how there are some really short racers in MOTO GP, etc. Yes there are, but NONE of them have there bikes lowered!!! I'd think twice before lowering a bike unless your doing it for drag!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
im in the same boat being 5'7 but o well, us little guys accelerate faster if its any constellation and most motoGP guys are on the small side

but yea i had to lower my 06 zx10r using vortex lowering links on the middle setting

That sucks you had to lower it man, messes with the hole geometry of your bike...Say good bye to corners!! I'm small to only 135-140 pounds but I'm 5'10" so its a different story LOL...Good luck with the bike and you shouldn't have to many problems in less you launch it and it might tap the fender but really your biggest concern should be speed bumps Ha ha

Sorry to say but instead of lowering your bike why didn't you just get used to the one foot routine?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam and I can't flat foot both feet. I can flat one and put the other down with the heel off the ground. I would def recommend you raise the bike back up, at least some.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah, he will love chicken strips at this rate!! But hey its your own bike and do what you want!! Are you going to be adding a kill of switch and hit up some strip days at least though?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, he will love chicken strips at this rate!! But hey its your own bike and do what you want!! Are you going to be adding a kill of switch and hit up some strip days at least though?

Of course I will National trails is only 10 mins from my house.

·
Registered
239 Posts
lowering a bike is something that you DO NOT want to do! I understand why people lower bikes that use them for drag racing, but if your track and/or street riding i would NEVER lower a bike! People don't think it hurts or messes with anything, but it dramatically affects the handling of the bike! Someone mentioned how there are some really short racers in MOTO GP, etc. Yes there are, but NONE of them have there bikes lowered!!! I'd think twice before lowering a bike unless your doing it for drag!
:+1: I'm 5'3 but I just found ways to get comfy with it, my R6 is even higher. Sucks being short.....

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts

I don't know if any of you guys caught that, but the word would be consolation.

:eek:ccasion1:heyyou:

Just playin:thumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry to say but instead of lowering your bike why didn't you just get used to the one foot routine?
I've been thinkin about this issue from time to time, because every now and then I have problems pushing the bike back (when a bit up hill or got a lip to push over eg.when backing into my brothers garage...small cement lip that goes up)

95% of the time, I can avoid having to back/push the bike somewhere difficult, but to be honest, it's not always avoidable. & in those times... embarrassing as it is to say, ya look like a retard when you can't move your own bike around/tell someone to push you :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put mine back to stock at the recommendation of other here. It's really a pain to have someone on the back too if they move.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts