Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Warning another oil thread!**

Hi Guys,

I have put Rotella T in my 05 10R and it seems pretty happy. I will be putting it in my 05 CRF450 too once I burn through all the Honda oil I bought...$80 for 4 liters :suicide:

My question is will my Polaris Sportsman 500 HO be happy with it too? The polaris has a belt drive constant velocity transmission so there is no clutch, I am guessing it will be fine for the engine as well because I will be putting it in the engine side of my 450 and the zx10 engine is lubricated with the transmission too. I am just asking if you see any real problem putting it in the Polaris motor?

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well... just look up the oil requirements provided by the manufacturer of whatever you're 'oiling'. If the Rotella meets or beats them, you're good to go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well... just look up the oil requirements provided by the manufacturer of whatever you're 'oiling'. If the Rotella meets or beats them, you're good to go.
:+1:

Sticking with one particular brand for all your needs is a matter of choice but one specific oil for all might not be so good. If you're using Shell Rotella T 5w-30 for instance in everything and your requirements are 10W-40 in one and something totally different in another, you could have long term issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts