Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just joined the forum, i had a 07 gsxr 600 that i have been racing all summer, my best time ( only have an 1/8th by me was 6.79, and finally sold it to pick up a 1k this winter and start working on. im in the middle between a 07-08 gsxr 1k or a zx10. i was looking to see what the better years of zx's were to drag so i can start doing some more research on everything. I found a pretty good deal on an 08 zx10 but wanted to stop in here and ask for any pros/cons of different years and any info that could help me out

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,242 Posts
'04-'05 = Generation 1
'06-'07 = Generation 2
'08-'10 = Generation 3
'11-'13 = Generation 4

Don't know much about dragging, but as Flthy said, more guys seem to drag the Gen 1 and 3. The newer the bike, that more parts will be available for it.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Well, idk if it is within your budget, but definitively gen4

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
budget, get a Gen 1 or 3. Gen 4 is a monster. Another option for a great drag bike is a ZX14 or 14R

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all the input. the bike i found is an 08 zx already has an adam arm, full brocks alien head and low miles. the guy had bought it for his wife and she never rode it. the price i found it for, with the arm and exhaust is just about the same price as i have been able to find the gixxers for with just an exhaust, so i think im gonna jump on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts