Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bracket kit from Schnitz racing and a strap for the drag strip. When I went to have it installed I was told that there would only be about 1/4" of threads holding the brakes on because the bracket is almost 1/2" thick. Has anyone else run into this problem? Will a grade 8 bolt from a parts store be strong enough to hold the bracket and brakes on? I would like to leave the brackets on if possible for a little weekend action every now and then and only remove the strap so I can ride it home.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have the Schnitz brand on my 04 and the Brock brand on my other bike, never had any problems. Whenever you get done racing and your getting ready to ride home all you have to do is pop the strap, you don't have to take the strap completely off. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have the Schnitz brand on my 04 and the Brock brand on my other bike, never had any problems. Whenever you get done racing and your getting ready to ride home all you have to do is pop the strap, you don't have to take the strap completely off. :thumbsup:
:+1: :iamwithst

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did you spend to "have it installed". its 4 of the few bolts that are actually accessible.
I had the brakes bleed at the same time and they only charged me for 1/2 hour (35.00 + tax). I didn't know how much to torque the bolts so I had the dealership do it. If something happens and the brakes fall off the dealership will fix it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I found longer bolts at Advance Auto for .88 ea. The size is M10 x 1.25 thread 70mm long. Now I can leave the brackets on. Factory bolts are m10x1.25x60mm

·
Registered
448 Posts
I found longer bolts at Advance Auto for .88 ea. The size is M10 x 1.25 thread 70mm long. Now I can leave the brackets on.
It scared me too :sad: , but the instructions on the Schnitz Bracket showed them re-using the OEM caliper bolts. :suicide:
I special ordered 10mm longer bolts from an industrial supply company.
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts