Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay fellas, my bike is in the shop, and I had my Gi Pro installed, and when I asked the guy what he did with my Ivans TRE I already had on the bike, he said that he didn't have to take anything off, he said it just pluged right up. That's funny I know that its a TRE also, and I figured he would have to take the Ivans off. :dontknow:Am I missing something here? Can both be installed at the same time? Or is this shop just off the meter and doesn't know what they are doing?

Please let me know, cause now I'm worried. I just had alot of work done, and I'm sure I'm gonna pay out the a$$ for it too.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Okay fellas, my bike is in the shop, and I had my Gi Pro installed, and when I asked the guy what he did with my Ivans TRE I already had on the bike, he said that he didn't have to take anything off, he said it just pluged right up. That's funny I know that its a TRE also, and I figured he would have to take the Ivans off. :dontknow:Am I missing something here? Can both be installed at the same time? Or is this shop just off the meter and doesn't know what they are doing?

Please let me know, cause now I'm worried. I just had alot of work done, and I'm sure I'm gonna pay out the a$$ for it too.
You got jacked. They use the same 2 wires.

·
Registered
319 Posts
This might be off the charts, but maybe, MAYBE, the mechanic installed the GIpro and the Ivan's TRE in series. Both use the same wire and I beleive, the same male/female connectors.

·
Registered
691 Posts
It would be worth the time to take your seat off and check it out. If he somehow was able to hook them both up, I'm thinking the gipro's different settings would no longer work.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be worth the time to take your seat off and check it out. If he somehow was able to hook them both up, I'm thinking the gipro's different settings would no longer work.
And that is what I'm worried about. I want everything to work like it's suppose to. I pick it up today, so we will see. I got some serious work done to it, Gi Pro, 16t front, speedohealer, and the mighty $84 race cam:thumbsup:. I can't wait, and I hope they didn't [email protected]#k me over.

Damn I really need to learn how to work on this bike myself, but honestly I don't have the time.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Learning to work on your bike is a great thing and you get a feeling of getting things done. But, to work on your bike you first need to now how the mechanical functions of the motorcycle's systems, limitations, what brakes them, how to maintain them, and how to fix them. If you don't have time to work on the bike, at least you will have the knowledge to argue with the mechs when they try to BS you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Whenever my friends come by the house thinking I'm going to fix their bikes, I hand them the tools and walk them thru it. You really need to learn how your bike works. The one time you're out working on your bike and something happens, that tool kit in the trunk is gonna be worthless to you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shawng2020 - who did your work? SM2W / Cooper / KWS ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts