Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to do a front caliper swap.....
which one would you do????

06-07 CBR 1000rr

or

06-07 zx6r

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got a set of 2006-2007 CBR1000RR brake calipers that I got powder coated gold. I spent total including the calipers $120. and I'll sell it for that. I got reciepts from ebay and the powder coating place.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,773 Posts
I did the ZX-14's.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
6R or 14R calipers, they are a direct fit and do not require spacers.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Nissin calipers, absolutely love them.

No offense to anyone, but the last thing I'd want to do is to take something off of a Honda, and put on my bike. Just because they lose parts when we blow by them doesn't mean we should be bolting them onto ours.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
...and? i put a zx6 master on my 05 and the brakes are better, but still not where i want them to be...worth the time/money?
When I did the conversion I also used a 14 radial m/c and Galfer stainless lines - night and day difference compared to the stock set up.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Im still trying to figure out the most cost effective way to fix the 06 brakes.. i'm on SS brake lines and upgraded pads and I'm still suffering on track days... I don't see anything other than brembo M/C and maybe some 14 calipers....watching this thread as well for some more input..i'm VERY hard on the brakes on trackdays and now I get mayb 1/2 the day before the brake fade is so bad its unmanageable....i'm talking lever to knuckle action..:headshake:headshake

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nissin here. Performance and looks!

·
Registered
757 Posts
im doing R1 monobloc calipers with zx14 rotors, a brembo 19x18 MC and ss lines. Parts have been sitting there for about a month, havent had the time to install. Now im just putting it off till I get rims.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
ZX-14 Calipers here. Direct bolt on and work great. SS lines are a must also.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Im still trying to figure out the most cost effective way to fix the 06 brakes.. i'm on SS brake lines and upgraded pads and I'm still suffering on track days... I don't see anything other than brembo M/C and maybe some 14 calipers....watching this thread as well for some more input..i'm VERY hard on the brakes on trackdays and now I get mayb 1/2 the day before the brake fade is so bad its unmanageable....i'm talking lever to knuckle action..:headshake:headshake
The most cost effective way is probably the Tokico calipers off the Honda bikes, but you do have to get the shims. You can find a good deal quite easily on the Nissin calipers though, and they bolt straight up. For the most part, nobody has mentioned them having any fade on track days that I know of. If you'd like I'll search ebay, I've had pretty good luck at finding them under 200, sometimes even under 150.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
6r here. got them off ebay for $75.00 shipped. you can find deals just got to look.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I believe the cbr calibers are cheaper but the zx6.zx14 calibers are direct bolt on.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts