Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and had a Gilles triple clamp and vario bars installed. Then I went to go have the steering damper put on (Ohlins), but I guess with the triple clamp the way it is, the shop I went to said they didn't know of any dampers that would fit? Any ideas or suggestions? Aside from trying a different place.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You will need a steering damper kit that mounts from the fork tube to the frame like they have on the AMA race bikes. With an adjustable triple clamp you will never get an off the shelf kit that fits because the stem can change angles with the different inserts. Send your Ohlins kit back and get the factory Ohlins kit that comes with the fork leg bracket and all parts neccesary to install.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
You will need a steering damper kit that mounts from the fork tube to the frame like they have on the AMA race bikes. With an adjustable triple clamp you will never get an off the shelf kit that fits because the stem can change angles with the different inserts. Send your Ohlins kit back and get the factory Ohlins kit that comes with the fork leg bracket and all parts neccesary to install.
beat me to it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts