Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 zx10r and would like to know if I can bolt up a 2006 upper fairing to the fairing stay on a 2005?

·
Registered
778 Posts
never done it but im sure with a lil time and fab work it cant be too hard, those bikes are pretty similar IMHO

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Garth also ran race fairing on his bike and had to fab out a custom headlight ect. It will work fine, seen a bike that had it done when I was over sea's last year, asked the guy he said he had to make it fit lol. So with enough time and some trimming it should work just fine, you will need to change your headlights ect and all the hardware.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Race fairing or oem setup? Garth did the race upper w/ custom headlight that looked good but if your doin oem dont bother first gen looks are the best of the 3 hands down. Either way ask Garth......

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah

We both basically just answered his question, it will fit I'm 100% with that just with a couple mods and trimming. I have seen a 05 with a complete 07 front/headlights even the tach got changed out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the tips. I asked because I wasn't having any luck trying to find an 05 body for mine...but my fiancé found one and got it ordered! guess she was going to surprise me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts