Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Putting An 07 Radiator In My 04

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  mattfr12 
#1 · (Edited)
Started yesterday got the radiator in mint condition from a member her and got the idea from garth285 who was probably the first person to ever do this and told me how to do everything. i took some side by side pictures of the size difference. the 07 is wider and mounts the over flow tank on the opposite side. I ordered an aftermarket one from motion pro so that i can mount the overflow tank on the same side. As soon as i get the over flow tank ill give some feedback on how much cooler it runs.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice man...... I wasent able to actually put them side by side cause my stock 04-50 was bent sideways and such but my bike stays extremely cool now and Im on a 2mm motor as well. good to have this on the forums though for future purpose. Im just leavin west palm to head back to orlando matt so I'll be online there.

#10 ·
As for a how 2 its very straight forward almost a direct bolt on the only thing you have to think about is i used my 04 fan on the radiator, im not sure if the 06/07 fan will plug in the wiring harness. thing is that only 2 of the brackets on the fan reach the screw holes have to modify one of the bracket arms or do what i did and use a really good ziptie. and the only other difference is that the overflow tank is on the opposite side so you would have to do something like garth and i did with the motion pro over flow tank wich was only 20$.

#12 ·
I would be interested to see if it does actually anything for results though. If it does, great find!

I do know water wetter does little to nothing; but the cooling tubes like ATV's have on them mounted in place of a hose will drop you a few degrees.

Did this myself, $20 mod and bike seems to stay a few degrees cooler longer, and cools quicker once it does get hot.

#13 ·
Got to do the first test ride today didnt even take the time to put the fairings back on jumped right on her as soon as i got it hooked up. was out for about 45 min and the highest temp i saw was 180 cruising speed 150-160 it only hit 180 when i let it idle at the gas station. with this mod i think it will be rare to see 200 on the temp ill keep you guys posted on how hot i can get it. i didnt take it for an easy ride either i did a couple of passes up to 150 and alot of wheelies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.