Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since ive been riding our small track here in MT ive decided to put the bike back to stock with the exception of the PCV and exhaust! I am putting the stock gearing back on and putting the secondary flies back in as well! The bike is just too choppy on and off the throttle its really rough and as ive learned on the track it needs too be smooth, smooth is fast as we all know! So the next time i ride the 10r will be on labor day at Miller speedway, so there's been a lot of debating but i think that's whats best for me too improve on the track!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Well since ive been riding our small track here in MT ive decided to put the bike back to stock with the exception of the PCV and exhaust! I am putting the stock gearing back on and putting the secondary flies back in as well! The bike is just too choppy on and off the throttle its really rough and as ive learned on the track it needs too be smooth, smooth is fast as we all know! So the next time i ride the 10r will be on labor day at Miller speedway, so there's been a lot of debating but i think that's whats best for me too improve on the track!
Did you check with hesaves first before your allowed to put the flies back on :crackup:

Good luck and have fun as I know you will with a 10R. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Did you check with hesaves first before your allowed to put the flies back on :crackup:

Good luck and have fun as I know you will with a 10R. :thumbsup:
Yeh better check with hesaves not shure if ur allowed to put em back on.:crackup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the PCV but the throttle response is just too touchy and putting the flies back on should make it a lot smoother!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Yeh better check with hesaves not shure if ur allowed to put em back on.:crackup:
yep I suspect he is NOT ALLOWED :lol::eek:ccasion1

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I could see your point with that one!! I took mine out and it was a night to day difference with the throttle...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you mean put locktite on the lil screws that hold the flies on?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Don't do all that. You just need to add fuel in the
0 & 5% ranges. problem solved. Believe me, I know
exactly what your talking about.

If you want to give it a try, I will modify it for you
or give you some values to try. It works great.

I would probably keep the sprocket on as well.
From what I seen of your track day pics. that
is small and tight. With your bike geared lower
you may be able to stay in midrange power 2nd
gear instead of 1st gear. Not sure how fast you
are, but that's my $.02.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I just seen you were -1/+2. That's a nice short wheelbase, but
-1 works great for me. 1st gear looks at the clouds, 2nd
gear floats the front wheel from upper midrange through
redline. Perfect!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I ran a 15/41 once at the track lol, wow a little to much. But I think I'm moving to a 520 17/42 combo to make it so its geared a little lower then stock but keeps the front wheel down

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well got her all put back(flies and gears) and this is my take...Now sure it was nasty fast but it was so violent i just seemed like she was always yelling and very upset with me(if any of you know what i am talking about?) but in all reality it does not ''seem'' that much slower back to stock maybe its cause its so smooth but now she is just whispering to me, I'm sure loving the smoothness of it...and i am really looking forward to labor day weekend when we are hitting up miller speedway in salt lake! plus i got some help from a few pros on adjusting my suspension and that in itself was a major improvement in my lap times at our lil track up here! So miller should be a blast 4.5 miles and 24 turns that's insane!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so far i love it, i have had no issues with it and the software is very easy to understand and use, cant wait to try the autotune and quikshifter next season, cause i think ima take a harder look into track-days more often type of thing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts