Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see who all is coming to the trackday at Putnam Park this w/e? I know myself, Henry(teebo7) and Eric(avdigigeek) will be there. Anyone else Holla.:thumbsup:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
JJ I regret to inform you and Henry and Eric and whomever else may attend, that I will be unable to make it to the track day.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me, and perhaps we can meet up on the next occasion! :thumbsup: :makeout:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hillcountry10r said:
JJ I regret to inform you and Henry and Eric and whomever else may attend, that I will be unable to make it to the track day.

Please find it in your heart to forgive me, and perhaps we can meet up on the next occasion! :thumbsup: :makeout:

:rolleyes: Whatever yah NINNY.....j/k:crackup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Cycle Options is putting on a two day event the 29th and 30th. I'll be there Saturday the 29th

TC24 said:
this one's too soon but do you know when the next is?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
zx-7rking said:
Cycle Options is putting on a two day event the 29th and 30th. I'll be there Saturday the 29th
I saw that, what's the deal? It looked kind of like a school maybe???
Let me know I may go to that one too I love putnam.
Smiley

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
avdigigeek said:
Smiley
I only wished they would race at putnam...:sad:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hey JJ I'm looking at tires from sbtt
I forgot what tires you used last
where they Power Race or Pilot race m2?
let me know I'm gonna call ahead to have my tires waiting.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
avdigigeek said:
hey JJ I'm looking at tires from sbtt
I forgot what tires you used last
where they Power Race or Pilot race m2?
let me know I'm gonna call ahead to have my tires waiting.
power race Eric. and one thing good since you have a 600. You can run the pr series which come in the 180/55 rear. Or you can just run the normal power races which are great tires and get many different compounds. I like the med soft myself.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No not a school. Typical track day. I ran with them last year. Three groups Novice Intermediate, and racer/expert. Kenny (they guy who runs it) has Control riders in the Inter, and Novice group to provide instruction for those who need it. But the expert/racer group is go out and run. Kenny wants anyone who runs expert to turn low 1:20's but you two shouldnt have a problem with that. I ran expert/racer group. and didnt have any problems

avdigigeek said:
Smiley

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zx-7rking said:
No not a school. Typical track day. I ran with them last year. Three groups Novice Intermediate, and racer/expert. Kenny (they guy who runs it) has Control riders in the Inter, and Novice group to provide instruction for those who need it. But the expert/racer group is go out and run. Kenny wants anyone who runs expert to turn low 1:20's but you two shouldnt have a problem with that. I ran expert/racer group. and didnt have any problems
yeah i ran 1:17's last year but I am sure it'll take a few trackdays to get back in the swing and having new suspension and all.... thanks for the info to:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
yeah i ran 1:17's last year but I am sure it'll take a few trackdays to get back in the swing and having new suspension and all.... thanks for the info to:thumbsup:
I have no idea what my times are I think I was getting about 23 miles a session last year though ;-)
Smiley

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
power race Eric. and one thing good since you have a 600. You can run the pr series which come in the 180/55 rear. Or you can just run the normal power races which are great tires and get many different compounds. I like the med soft myself.:thumbsup:
those med soft's are over 3 bills a set FFFF

How many rears to fronts do you go through?

2 - 1 or 3-1 ?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
avdigigeek said:
I have no idea what my times are I think I was getting about 23 miles a session last year though ;-)
Smiley
lol Eric, you will this one. I'll be bringing yah the lap timer man:thumbsup:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
avdigigeek said:
those med soft's are over 3 bills a set FFFF

How many rears to fronts do you go through?

2 - 1 or 3-1 ?
dude, i dont mess with that really. For racing i try to have my front wear as fast as the rear so i go with the softest compound for the front for the most part but one could maybe do 2-1. and yes they are pricey cause they are race tires man...lol Do you have tire warmers?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts