Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some shots from last saturday. morning fog didnt lift till like 10am, so bad that couldnt see from corner to corner, so flag staff would allow us on the track. first 2 sessions were 15min, rest were 20.
was one HOT HOT day, but we all had a blast!!!!
myself, brother in law, and best friend, wife and other friends tagged along as well. they never miss track days.

so here goes, took a couple sessions to get body position where i need it. I am fully aware that right hand turns im lacking posture for sure, but by last session i was comfortable with throttle side had position, which is like 80% of my MENTAL problem with getting off the right side of the bike.
left turns, im straight!!!! im about 90% confident in my ability

the really blurry pic is me passing my brother in turn 4, LOL thats started a riot in the intermediate class lol. (pic is a screen shot from his gopro) sorry for lack of clarity

i also got him in turn 7 which is called the bus stop at our local track. he did end up passing me and stuffing me behind a slower rider, which took me 3/4 of a lap to pass cause HE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE lol
after playing catch up for a lap, i came into turn 1 really hot and TOASTED my rotors, the vibration was so violant i almost went straight instead of right..so i skipped session 3 after lunch to come back last session of the day and do "ok"

all in all, was a great day, maybe some tips and pointers from you guys if you have the same trouble getting totally comfortable on you right handed turns

thanks and enjoy!!!!:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude you have no idea, there's another day in October on the 4-5

You should try and make it !!!
Midwest track days, check it out man

·
Registered
636 Posts
Looks like lots of fun. Nice pictures!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dude you have no idea, there's another day in October on the 4-5

You should try and make it !!!
Midwest track days, check it out man
i don't have the riding gear to be on the track yet. Maybe next summer. I'll definitely try to make it out for some spectating though.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes sir!!

maybe we need to meet and pit together this time, its a shame that we were 4 pis away from each other and didnt even meet LOL
FAIL

im doing midwest for saturday only
hell man, 155.00 is a deal!!!

what are they charging to do the suspension? is it dave moss by chance?

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
yes sir!!

maybe we need to meet and pit together this time, its a shame that we were 4 pis away from each other and didnt even meet LOL
FAIL

im doing midwest for saturday only
hell man, 155.00 is a deal!!!

what are they charging to do the suspension? is it dave moss by chance?
I thought so too for 155. I only did Saturday with stt. And I left a session early because it saw that storm coming in and live 2 hours away. And yeah I was by myself a little nervous with it being my first haha. It's Eric with velocity calibrations

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i thought for a second it was you, didnt know if you had a little one or now, knew you were married but guess was just too consumed. my buddy that was in novice was his first track day and he was flipping out.

he got bumped to intermediate thankfully lol
too many meetings after sessions in novice, im sure you agree. matter of fact every time i went to look at your bike YOU WERE GONE
lol
prob at one of those meetings lol

was your coach cool at least?

and ya that storm was HORRIBLE BRO!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Awesome stuff leadfoot! It's making me really excited about my first track day. Glad you had a good time man!

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stealth, bro, you will have a blast

if you dont have warmers, give it at least a lap and a half to get tires up to temp though

speaking of that i gotta sort out these parts so i can buy new rotors and warmers before october 4

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
stealth, bro, you will have a blast

if you dont have warmers, give it at least a lap and a half to get tires up to temp though

speaking of that i gotta sort out these parts so i can buy new rotors and warmers before october 4

Yeah I've been thinkin about pickin up a set of warmers. Wouldn't hurt to have an enclosed trailer while I'm at it too Lol. May just stick with the warmers for now though. I have my open landscaping trailer with two PittBull restraints that'll do the job.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts