Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it took a lot of convincing, but I finally got him to the strip. He's got an 04 R1 with a gutted cat and power commander. He kept talking about how much more power he had. Well, my stock 10 (sorry, i've got the seat cowl) spanked him by 1/2 second consistently. Ran 5 times. I loved it. Now I need to add mods. My best was 10.5, which i think is slow. I need to get into the 9's

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
way to shut him up

·
Registered
41 Posts
good job, I love beating people who think they're the shit

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If he was running 11.XXX's he just can't launch the bike. Lowered, with stock gears the 10R can get into the 9's, and I wouldn't doubt the R1 could too. Congrats on leaving better than him. Here's to you: [smilie=b:

·
Registered
23 Posts
On average no one will do the 0-60 or quarter mile like the pro's in a close circuit track without alot of practice on launches and body positioning. But those numbers sound sweet but I don't think u'll make nines as easy as u think. I bet u do better if u added more weight and got ur launch down pack. 10r,R1,1000r,G1k are too light so those times are hard to reach by the average joe. Wish u luck thou.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
9's aren't that hard on a stock geared 10R, if it's lowered and strapped. Maybe they are on the R1 I don't know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts