Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, being a former Honda guy and having very little experiance in dealing with suspension setups (Honda's the shiznet), I'm still struggling with the suspension on the ZX.. Got the sag and the dampening the way I like but I'm still dealing with a fair amount of push when hitting high speed turns. Tight stuff seems fine but those 80-100mph long sweepers are sketchy when the front end feels like it's having a mind of it's own. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Dude your a tease with that thread title....bad bad man...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes still on stock tires but will probably switch to Pilot Power's in a month, other than loosing a few pounds with the exhaust install and installing the dampener the bike's stock

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
BBB

Your experience and findings are pretty much what others have found to be true as well. Yea new tires are always nice and you'll notice an instant change in feel but i doubt it'll cure the 'push'.

BD

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Raise the rear and/or drop the front. You only need a total of 10mm(either 5&5 or 10 from one end). Then, depending on the circumference of the new tires, adjust to maintain the 10mm change.

I was gonna raise the rear when I got my Penske, but being a short fugger I dropped the front 10mm instead - huge difference in a positive manner!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I dropped my front to have 6MM of tube showing (including the silver cap). Before just the silver cap was above the clamp. I can feel a huge difference with just that little bit. Can't really judge until I get the new PP tires and my GPR mounted though. I have read that you should drop the front or raise the rear a bit with PPs due to the front being tall and rear shorter.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I've taken some local sweepers at 150+ mph both with stock tires and with Powers on a 10 and never felt like it was anything other than glued to a line. :dontknow: The only time I've had a 10R act like the front had a mind of it's own was when the head bearings seated and got loose on Diablo. It rode like shit then, but was fine after I tightened the head bearing nut. Have you checked and tightened the head bearing nut yet? If not, check it. Maybe that could be it? :dontknow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts