Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and did not find what I was looking for. I ahve always ran either a stock filter or a K&N filter. I hear alot of people talking about the Pure One filter for the 636.

Does anyone run the Pure One on their 10. What do you think of it. Where do you get it. What is the model # for it.

I just bought out my local AutoZone of all of their Mobile MX4T oil so I have enough for the next three oil changes, now just need to get some filters on hand also.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they have a book to reference the filter for the 10 or does someone have the model # for the one they use on their 10.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i have been running them since about 3k miles, have 13k now, no problems, run them in the acura and roush also. for the 10r the part # is PL14610 or 12, i think its the 12 that is like a tad longer. do an oil filter search as others have given their opinon and other oil filters they use also. as an fyi, get a few when you go, they sometime run out of stock.

check out this site also: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Although it don't make much sense the PL14610 is the longer one and the PL14612 is stock length. I run them and have no problems with 'em. I get mine at Advance Auto although I have heard some say Pep Boys has 'em, too.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
whoops, thanks for the correction, i knew it was one, but took a shot, since i buy all they have every time i go to get them, i didn't remember. good filter, very nice looking also on the outside.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, I guess I will call our local pep boys an see if they carry them or not.

Where else does everyone get thier at?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
sneaky said:
Thanks for the help, I guess I will call our local pep boys an see if they carry them or not.

Where else does everyone get thier at?

autozone

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I called and Pep boys has them, but if autozone carries them as well then I will call them next as they are alot closer to than PB.

Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts