Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at ordering some pants from dainese italy and was wondering if I will get hit with any taxes or fees once the item arrives in the US? Btw the only reason why I'm not ordering locally is because nobody has this item in stock. I'm actually paying more buying directly from dainese rather than from common retailers here that normally carry this item.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have ordered from Italy and never had to pay extra fees.

Almost everything in Italy is shut down indefinitely due to the virus.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The seller should be able to answer that question, but I have ordered accessories from Europe a few times and the sale price included their local taxes (VAT), no additional taxes charged on U.S. end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I had already asked them if they were able to ship. They told me the walk in stores are all closed but they do operate online shipments from warehouse just as normal. The shop I'm ordering from is Dainese in Italy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And then opening up the package in the backyard with a pair of tongs and a blow torch. ??

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
146 Posts
Unlike JD I ordered pegs from Omnia about 6 weeks ago and was really frustrated with their complete lack of communication and common sense when asked for heel guards to suit..eventually someone emailed back and said I should email some other Omnia employee !... you know, rather than passing the email on...which I then did, this was never answered..so I made my own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stuart,
That seems absurd for them to say that. If I did that at work, I wouldn't have a job anymore.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It was a TPITA... heres a sample..."don't bother me man, just go ask someone else".. I think I waited 4 or 5 days for this lol...
Screenshot_20200420-235922_Outlook.jpg

·
Registered
18 zx10r
355 Posts
Omnia racing has been great for me but it's bound to happen with someone. I've ordered a thumb brake and shock and they got here promptly. Hope your issue gets resolved @stuartb.

Now that I think about it, I had bad experiences with MotoXP Ricambi. I ordered a full fairing set for my 2013 zx6r and they sent to 09-12 body. I couldn't return it and took 3 months to resolve and get the right bodywork.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just made my own from the OE gear side JD...it's only the RHS needed to protect the pressure switch..a few guys on the UK BMW forum have also had good service, so we'll put it down to the chaos of COVID-19.. but still, telling me to ask someone else is worthy of a good ragging :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered my Brembo Oro rotors from them. Arrived in 3 days. Zero issues
If it's going to happen it will happen to Moi...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Why not just order from the d store. They can get whatever they Cary in the current line and then u won't have to worry. If someone already suggested that my bad. Didn't read the entire thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: havent ordered from Dainese directly yet. I have ordered a jacket from Burnoutmotor which is also in Italy. I got the Dainese Super Speed 3 leather jacket. It took about 3 weeks which isn't too bad. Arrived in perfect condition, very well packaged and the box was sealed nicely. I will definitely order from them again. I didnt have any issues with customs and didnt need to pay anything additional to the price at checkout. I have included some pictures.
20200504_155951.jpg
20200504_160052.jpg
20200504_160007.jpg
20200504_160023.jpg

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Nice jacket. What happens if it needs to be sent back? This is why when j buy stuff from them I would go to the d store or at least order it online from them. I'm lucky enough to have one a few miles away so I can try on everything etc prior to buying

1 - 19 of 19 Posts