Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but haven't found anything (the search is pretty horrible) but i just checked and the bike DOES pull to the right when i take my hands off the bars and sit back on the seat... WTF is up with that? Anyone have any ideas as to why its doin that?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Forks aren't true maybe or the rear tire isn't adjusted straight...

I believe JJ and maybe a few others have said that their forks came twisted a little from the factory and they had to loosen up the triple clamps to straighten them. Check your alignment marks on the swingarm, if they're both really close or the same I'm not sure how much of an impact that would have.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
err my tire pressure is fine, i check it weekly, and the notches on the swingarm on both sides are dead equal, i make sure i always adjust those as accurately as possible.. Will check out the forks .

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
you could try and loosen the front axle nut and then bounce on the front forks hard. To make sure all is align and parrallel. remember to retorue it before you take it out for a ride. Check rear wheel alignment as well. These are only possibilities.

·
Banned
808 Posts
you could try and loosen the front axle nut and then bounce on the front forks hard. To make sure all is align and parrallel. remember to retorue it before you take it out for a ride. Check rear wheel alignment as well. These are only possibilities.

Which one is front axel nut ? Those two, one at right fork and one at left? (Number 3 on first picture) Or center steering nut? (Number 7 on second picture)

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was just logging on to put up a post about the same exact thing. I have an 07 that has been doing the same this since I bought it. It was a leftover I bought 3 months ago with 0 miles. It has done this since day 1 & I now have 650 miles on it. But mine even pulls to the right upon hard acceleration or stand up wheelies. I have adjusted tire pressure, aligned the rear wheel so it is exact from side to side. It's driving me crazy. My one friend tells me it's just me & it's all in my head which it clearly isn't. Any help or info would be great!

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
If you are sure your rear is aligned, measure from the swingarm pivot bolt to rear axle on each side and verify they are the same. Sometimes the tick marks on the swingarm are off.

Tread

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Which one is front axel nut ? Those two, one at right fork and one at left? (Number 3 on first picture) Or center steering nut? (Number 7 on second picture)
The axle nut is the one that goes thru the wheel not up on the triple trees.

Tread

·
Registered
101 Posts
The axle nut is what holds the wheel on! Hey, does your bike only pull to the right when your coasting with hands off the bars or when you role onto the throttle does it pull as well? This has been driving me nuts. When I drag race I have almost my entire body hnging off the laft side of the bike to try & correct the pull.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Thats a possibility, drag of the chain causing it to pull to one side. Chain too tight? Try to get it into neutral when coasting to see if it still pulls?

Just thoughts, right or wrong, just thoughts,

Tread

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
Could be your tires, not nessecarily bad, but worn, I do alot of around town riding and coming to stop lights and taking off from lights you tend to natuarlly favor one side or the other, sligthly leaning, wearing out the right or left side of your tires slightly more than the other, you may not even notice your tires by appearance, but unless you are on new tires one side is gonna be worn more than the other, slightly.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine got fixed somehow, i put my bike on the rear stand, and just kinda lifted the bike from the front and let it sorta slam down... it doesn't seem to want to pull to right anymore now even after letting go for a while in diff circumstances and wheeling, donno what it was at all..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Could be your tires, not nessecarily bad, but worn, I do alot of around town riding and coming to stop lights and taking off from lights you tend to natuarlly favor one side or the other, sligthly leaning, wearing out the right or left side of your tires slightly more than the other, you may not even notice your tires by appearance, but unless you are on new tires one side is gonna be worn more than the other, slightly.
I could be wrong but that sounds really stupid to me, I really doubt that the slight lean to either side of the bike you do when you stop would affect your tires in the slightest.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I concur! I have ridden lots of bikes of all different shapes & sizes. I have never had this problem before with anything. But the fact hat it has been doing it since day 1 & now 3 months later with 650 miles on, it's still doing it

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
I could be wrong but that sounds really stupid to me, I really doubt that the slight lean to either side of the bike you do when you stop would affect your tires in the slightest.
calling my ideas stupid might have been a little harsh, I may be wrong about how the tires would get worn on one side or the other, but i still think if they were worn on one side or the other it would cause the bike to pull one way or the other. And I can tell you every time I go through a set of tires they are wore on one side more than the other, how they get that way is I guess open for discussion, I just assume it is the natural tendancy to lean one way or the other just on general riding. It has been like that on all the different bikes I have owned.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Take it to the Dealer and tell them to set up you,r Bike if they can get away with just selling them out of the crate they will. what else didnt they do i would be worryed to take a bike there. Maybe your tire has a defect you better find out soon.

·
Banned
808 Posts
The axle nut is what holds the wheel on! Hey, does your bike only pull to the right when your coasting with hands off the bars or when you role onto the throttle does it pull as well? This has been driving me nuts. When I drag race I have almost my entire body hnging off the laft side of the bike to try & correct the pull.

It pulls when i let habdlebars off, but i somehow noticed that i lean myself little bit to the left, when going straight....i guess this is probably to compensate that push to the right...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts