Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after all the crap about the motor work and what not I am pulling the trigger and am a little nervous. I am getting ready to order the head gasket and cam I am not doing the piston work because well I can get the 1/5th throttle and be just as happy. However here is the question.

45 mm 55mm 65mm? I am thinking 55 as I want to reduce the chance of precombustion and has anyone done this mod in souther california or hot climates?

BD I picked on you and deez because you guys and Kat gave good advice and seemed to know and hopefully that get's someone looking at least for a response.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I've not done it either but if i were me thinks the 55mm would be just right so the valve to piston clearance is a non issue.

BD

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Edit: It looks like the only head gasket Muzzy sells is the .45mm head gasket. Has anyone used this one? WIthout feedback I am going to go with the .50 or .55 from Kawasaki I think I was just hoping someone might have had experience with the .45 to maximize what I am getting with what I am spending on the work to be done. As I plan on doing Race tech internal mods on the forks and an ohlins rear next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I couldnt decide on which one either but ended up deciding on the .45, from all the posts I sifted through about this it seemd that the .45 works without any issues. My main concern was I didnt want to go a .50 or .55 and then change my mind and want the .45, knowing me this would happen. Mine will be getting done with a .45 in just under 2 weeks, will let you know how it goes if you like.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantastic!! Ti 10's for the win!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts