Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just removed the secondary butterflies. I already had the TRE and a PC3 with a custom map. And all i can says is wow! This made the throttle really crisp and way more power was felt. I still need to the block off plates and a full race exhaust as i just have a slip-on now.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Yep, makes throttle response much better. No more waiting for the slow delivery of power if down low in the RPM's.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
one of the best free mods you can do to the gen1's...
The rate of secondary plates opening on a gen2 is slower than a gen1 and makes a HUGE improvement on gen2 as well. That was one of the things kawasaki really changed from gen1 to gen2 was throttle delivery rate. They toned it down and gen2 has a big delay in throttle response. Like a three second delay between cracking wot and actual opening of plates fully if not more.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
The rate of secondary plates opening on a gen2 is slower than a gen1 and makes a HUGE improvement on gen2 as well. That was one of the things kawasaki really changed from gen1 to gen2 was throttle delivery rate. They toned it down and gen2 has a big delay in throttle response. Like a three second delay between cracking wot and actual opening of plates fully if not more.
hmm didnt no that... i guess the gen2 and gen3 guys can benefit from this free mod :wink:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Almost every 3rd gen I've heard with them removed hasn't noticed an improvement. I still have them and the throttle is super quick.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Doesn't gen3 use the plates for that "early traction control" or whatever kawi called it?
The gen2 magazine tests all commented on how the gen2 throttle delivery was much slower than gen1 to try and make it easier to ride fast on a track(road course). They all bitched how gen2 LOST the twitchy throttle too much and kawasaki confirmed the reprogramming the secondary opening rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts