Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over for doing a wheelie on the freeway on tuesday. My bike got impounded for not having an M1 license and i had to pay a $220 impound fee to get the bike out. I got ticketed for reckless driving and no license. Has anyone gotten a reckless driving ticket and how much did they pay?

·
Registered
969 Posts
You better go get a lawyer. It will be worth the money. The lawyer will get everything droped and you will just have to pay a fine.
I had gotten pulled over in my car the friday before 4th of July, and it turned out my license was suspended so the impounded my car and took my plates. (I was bumbed out) All this for a mistake that the court made. Anyway I was hit with like 5 tickets, got a lawyer and as it turns out today I go to court and get my license back and will have to pay $150 to the court. No points just a fine and I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I got pulled over for doing a wheelie on the freeway on tuesday. My bike got impounded for not having an M1 license and i had to pay a $220 impound fee to get the bike out. I got ticketed for reckless driving and no license. Has anyone gotten a reckless driving ticket and how much did they pay?

Honestly, i have to give you props for pulling over because i wouldn't have. If i had no license, was doing a wheelie(which means 6point ticket, might go to jail, and might my bike impounded) i would have ran like a scalded dog and never look back. At least you got some sence, i lost mine along time ago.:eek:ccasion1

Oh yea, 6point reckless ticket; got one on a bridge; road blocked at the end was looking at over $800 in fines and losing my lisence. They were threating to take me to jail because of excessive speed and evading, i told them i didn't even hear the siren or saw any blue lights. The where yelling and saying thats because you blew by us. I just told them that it was 2:00 in the morning and there isnt anyone out and no one other cars on the bridge. I just went into court well prepared with alot of case law and had talked with a friend who is a lawyer. I got off on $125fine, kept my license, and had took a driving course which cost me $75 and two nights.

·
Registered
620 Posts
good luck with the ticket

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Damn dude you just bought yourself a nice pair of Alpinestars boots.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The reckless won't stick if you fight it, reckless= (willful and wanton disregaurd for life and/or property) as long as you were not chasing someone with the wheel up you will be fine.

SG

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was in control of the wheelie, and there maybe 5 cars on the freeway, it was the middle of the day also. i wasn't weaving in and out of traffic or driving like a total a-hole, i just didnt see the cop when i looked back before i picked her up.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i dont know how much it will be without a lawyer, im waiting for the court papers to arrive, it happened a two days ago.
I'm curious on what they're gonna do with you not having an M1 endorsement. I've been pushing it lately I think I need to calm down a bit. Maybe its just the summer bug. Well, good luck man keep us updated.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
yeah def. get the license...i wouldn't even think of going into court without a lawyer on this one...good luck

·
Registered
332 Posts
You might be able to get the charges reduced by talking to the D.A. if you have clean record. I got speed contest dropped to speeding like that a couple of years ago.
Good Luck Bro

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Get A Lawyer. Its worth it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Take Notice!

An interesting fact...the new Superbike show on Speed is creating quite the stir in one Las Vegas court room. I recently witnessed a defendent in court who tried to fight a reckless ticket with an attorney. The judge had recently seen the show with several bikes doing wheelies in traffic and sees it regulary when he travels to and from court. The judge denied the plea agreement between the defense and prosecution because of prior citations for similar violations = 30 DAYS IN JAIL.

I want to thank those who continue to pull up the front wheel and ride long wheelies on popular roadways especially with passengers. Keep in mind that several court officials, i.e. judges, frequent the same roadways as we do. Of course...I will continue to pay increased insurance rates for those of you who continue this great behavior.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
vegas10r said:
An interesting fact...the new Superbike show on Speed is creating quite the stir in one Las Vegas court room. I recently witnessed a defendent in court who tried to fight a reckless ticket with an attorney. The judge had recently seen the show with several bikes doing wheelies in traffic and sees it regulary when he travels to and from court. The judge denied the plea agreement between the defense and prosecution because of prior citations for similar violations = 30 DAYS IN JAIL.

I want to thank those who continue to pull up the front wheel and ride long wheelies on popular roadways especially with passengers. Keep in mind that several court officials, i.e. judges, frequent the same roadways as we do. Of course...I will continue to pay increased insurance rates for those of you who continue this great behavior.
every fuggin guy breaks the law once in a while. or twice maybe 3 or 4 time or more.but thanks for paying the insurance for my behavior.rep points coming your way:headshake :gay: :ninnyslap: :bitchslap :suicide:

·
Registered
230 Posts
MY PLEASURE...I think the solution for all this mess is to provide a travel lane exclusive to motorcylists. My biggest pet peave is those citizens who see a guy doing a wheelie or whatever and insist I must break 50 different laws to catch this person...or they wonder why I couldn't get my 4000 pound Crown Victoria turned around in rush hour traffic to take care of the problem.

For sure...these bikes are too much fun I think.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts