Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, cops get shit from motorcyclists all the time, when they get pulled over...

Well I got pulled over by a CHP on Ortega highway for canyon carving on my sportbike, passing vehicles crossing the double yellow line. I told him hey I'm guilty I deserve it.
So we chatted a bit about motorcycles, how long he had been on 2 wheel patrol...they get 4% increase in pay for it and he had been doing it over 15 years. Was going to be a course instructor soon.

And because I admitted it and was so nice him, he changed it from a moving violation to low rear tire tread fix it ticket. Drew a line through the moving violation right on the ticket he had written up.

So guys, be a good example if you ever get pulled over...chances are you deserved it.

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
Ortega is straight and heavy traffic. Must be stupid crowded now as haven't been down there for years. And years ago it was packed; I have no idea how a chip can catch a bike on that road unless a stupid road block or a tracking plane is enlisted and that is not likely unless other factors involved.

Next, you don't run real radar or are you YET trying to work your screamer? Often chips run radar so ka throws a hint to cut throttle.

Hate to ask, but HOW old are you? helps me sort out your reports. :)

Please PLEASE do NOT report cocky stuff as you reported in both your posts. Makes all normal riders look like a 17 year old noob. Simply scanning a report indicates ability level; or lack of ability and clear thinking.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was just sitting there, waiting....I don't remember if my detector went or or not as I was passing a big, long truck....It's the best local so Cal canyon carving road...it is what it is.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like Ortega but Palomar is a bit more of a challenge, roads are not as nice but far less crowded most of the time. I usually do ortega on Sunday mornings with a group that meets up at 8 am off of University and the 405. the gas station if you are headed south when you exit and make a right. Haven't been since I got in my accident but that's cause I need to get a new 1 piece suite or get my old one back. Do you daily ride or just a weekend guy

·
The Pace
6,904 Posts
He was just sitting there, waiting....I don't remember if my detector went or or not as I was passing a big, long truck....It's the best local so Cal canyon carving road...it is what it is.
'Sitting there.' If your radar was working you would cut throttle. IF Chip did NOT have radar on AND HE SAW YOU CROSS DY, then he has you on that traffic violation; further, he will claim 'being in a clearly marked service vehicle' so also, if you passed him and you run normal mode (I'm thinking HOW I RIDE), then he can also add evasion and the bike is impounded if plane incorporated or if some other serious violation reported to dispatch that spikes, road block, whatever, which can happen and you have NO clue what happened 10 minutes earlier in Elsinore.

Listen, another prob is the dork cager kid clubs try to run silly with normal mom and pops on certain highways and moms' COMPLAIN to Chip guys. Usually and almost ALWAYS on Saturdays and every June 21, which I don't get, but see year after year.

Listen again: in most areas popo could care less what seasoned sport bike riders do AS LONG AS CAGERS DO NOT COMPLAIN.

Ortega is a problem because mom and dads are there.

The ABOVE rider provided two clues: 1) time of day (often, but NOT always reliable, depending upon cager complaints from stupid asshat riders days before), and group, seasoned, I suspect.

Also, pay attention to oncoming riders looking for CHip helmet tap.

All the above is Rider 101, SHIT! So frustrating. Also, my experience is that if local patrol Chip knows a certain sport rider is ok, he won't waste time. They'll go by sound of the can.

I ride with respect of the cagers; don't pass them hot; thank each as I filter, and whatever.

And don't come back at me as 'telling you how to ride.' I could care less, but I'm a teacher at heart by training. So you see....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
'Sitting there.' If your radar was working you would cut throttle. IF Chip did NOT have radar on AND HE SAW YOU CROSS DY, then he has you on that traffic violation; further, he will claim 'being in a clearly marked service vehicle' so also, if you passed him and you run normal mode (I'm thinking HOW I RIDE), then he can also add evasion and the bike is impounded if plane incorporated or if some other serious violation reported to dispatch that spikes, road block, whatever, which can happen and you have NO clue what happened 10 minutes earlier in Elsinore.

Listen, another prob is the dork cager kid clubs try to run silly with normal mom and pops on certain highways and moms' COMPLAIN to Chip guys. Usually and almost ALWAYS on Saturdays and every June 21, which I don't get, but see year after year.

Listen again: in most areas popo could care less what seasoned sport bike riders do AS LONG AS CAGERS DO NOT COMPLAIN.

Ortega is a problem because mom and dads are there.

The ABOVE rider provided two clues: 1) time of day (often, but NOT always reliable, depending upon cager complaints from stupid asshat riders days before), and group, seasoned, I suspect.

Also, pay attention to oncoming riders looking for CHip helmet tap.

All the above is Rider 101, SHIT! So frustrating. Also, my experience is that if local patrol Chip knows a certain sport rider is ok, he won't waste time. They'll go by sound of the can.

I ride with respect of the cagers; don't pass them hot; thank each as I filter, and whatever.

And don't come back at me as 'telling you how to ride.' I could care less, but I'm a teacher at heart by training. So you see....

I havent even logged in in Months, but take your teaching lesson and shove them up your ass you fucking moron Scout! Go fucking pet yer dog some more and do some figure 8's! Yes, im drunk in the middle of the day, so what, doesnt change my opinion! If you "could care less" why even bother with a reply you fuckwit??

·
Registered
184 Posts
I havent even logged in in Months, but take your teaching lesson and shove them up your ass you fucking moron Scout! Go fucking pet yer dog some more and do some figure 8's! Yes, im drunk in the middle of the day, so what, doesnt change my opinion! If you "could care less" why even bother with a reply you fuckwit??
Funny Shit there.............I don't have as strong of an opinion about Mr. Scout but he does definitely talk out of his Ass much of the time.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Same... havent been active here for some time. I log in and see this shit. LOL. How can ANYone take this dipshit seriously? I've been watching his erratic bullshit posts for several years now. Reminds me of another dipshit here local that ended up spray painting his entire bike (like the whole damn thing) flat black. Not an old crappy bike, but a fairly new cbr1krr. It was epic EPIC stuff. I guess I'll just grab some popcorn for the show!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like Ortega but Palomar is a bit more of a challenge, roads are not as nice but far less crowded most of the time. I usually do ortega on Sunday mornings with a group that meets up at 8 am off of University and the 405. the gas station if you are headed south when you exit and make a right. Haven't been since I got in my accident but that's cause I need to get a new 1 piece suite or get my old one back. Do you daily ride or just a weekend guy
Saturday and Sundays usually around 8 am...Yeah, Palomar is a bit tight for sure...but I have a degenerative disc in my back and rotator cuff issue in my right shoulder.....can't ride for more than 2 hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts