Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2018 ZX10r KRT ABS for a month now. I went for a quick ride last night and while cruising around I went thru a yellow turning red light all within eyeshot of a police car also at the intersection. Within 25 yards I saw the red and blue lights and I could hear the officer over his loudspeaker so I pulled over. He rolled up beside and asked "is that the 2018 model"? At that point, I knew I was fine and we spent the next 15 minutes discussing bikes. Officer was super cool and a downright nice guy.

I have owned nice cars in the past, but I don't recall ever being pulled over to chat about them.

Have you had a similar experience?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess you are one lucky guy, for me it's either getting my butt chewed out or just a no dialogue just hand me the ticket ordeal...You had a good run.

·
Registered
479 Posts
who stops for cops? >:)

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
You noticed popo; you ride a night; two points against you. But once po gets close enough to light up, have to pull over or commander might have have unit at your house when you get home and then you have two sets of mean eyes glaring. If po gets plate on cam then up to commander to do whatever.

trust me.

Don't ride at night, noob mistake, we can't see anything; and back off when popo in area just like all the cagers.

Also, get the tpx radar with techmount on the fork and their helmet audio insert.

if legal in your area.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You noticed popo; you ride a night; two points against you. But once po gets close enough to light up, have to pull over or commander might have have unit at your house when you get home and then you have two sets of mean eyes glaring. If po gets plate on cam then up to commander to do whatever.

trust me.

Don't ride at night, noob mistake, we can't see anything; and back off when popo in area just like all the cagers.

Also, get the tpx radar with techmount on the fork and their helmet audio insert.

if legal in your area.
Easier to stretch her legs at night

·
Registered
526 Posts
My only lucky moment with police was when i forgot to renew the registration and print new insurance over the winter span. The cop was going to tow my bike and let me walk home. But the time it took for the tow truck to get to the road we were on and thanks to smart phone and websites, I was able to renew my registration on the side of the highway at 8am on a Sunday morning. Cop was shocked, went to his car, and was able to pull up the new registration. Good thing for Geico app too. Cop was like, " you won't get towed, but you have to pay for the tow truck's mileage to get here" I was like huh? I'm out....

·
Administrator
6,736 Posts
... Have you had a similar experience?
Back in '87 when I bought my Ninja 750. There weren't many sport bikes around at the time. Don't remember what the excuse was for being pulled over, but all that came of it was standing around talking about the bike :thumbsup:

Reactions: trackaddict

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Wish I was that lucky ha.
I've been stopped twice and gotten tickets each time
(speeding of course, not excessive though, generally 10-15 over). I'd rather them stop me for actually breaking the law than to actually just "shoot the shit" with me.

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
Back in '87 when I bought my Ninja 750. There weren't many sport bikes around at the time. Don't remember what the excuse was for being pulled over, but all that came of it was standing around talking about the bike :thumbsup:
lol, hardly; This, old Kawa triples and I see stains of them on our g4's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_triple

and the Honda 750

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB750

However, just like these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_442

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Barracuda

and a few others,

nothing handled well, simply had to figure out how to either ride the dang things or drive them and be lucky.

Yes, i read a lot!

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
ah, the old kawa triples were deeply loved by old timers; same with that year Honda 750.

The old fast cages that I linked, and many more links out there, were extremely powerful. Just don't dare crash in them.

Since I read and study history, in a sense, I'm far older than most. Again, the problem was that riders and drivers early on really had to study their machines, and with zero fear.

The old times were tough. Thank God.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts