Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've read they steal designs from other companies and have them made in China.

Here is a read for you about them:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=274725

I personally use Chicken Hawk warmers now and love them, worth every penny. I used to have a set of Chinese tire warmers. This time last year actually. It was an unusually cold day and I went out for a race on my slicks. I get to turn 2 at barber and go to accelerate out of it. My back in came around on me and I flew over the bars. I crushed the bones in my left hand and was out of commission for 5 months as my bones healed and therapy to get my hand working again. My fingers still don't look right. Turns out of the POS warmers I had were not good enough to keep heat into the tires. It was getting the surface hot, but nothing past that. They had little insulation so the heat they did generate was coming out and not soaking into the tire. The light came on indicating they were up to temp, but that was not the case. My thought before was just "It's just a heat blanket right, what does it matter?" Well, I learned my lesson.

I can't say either way on the PSR warmers, but just make 100% sure that they are good warmers before going with them. From what I've heard of their company, I'd stay away from them. But it is possible they copied whatever design well enough.

Known good brands:
Chicken Hawk / Suzuka
Woodcraft
T2

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
I have some other products from them like gas cap and levers... never had any issues. But even without issues, I would stay with others warmers like CHR/Woodcraft.

There is a pretty decent priced alternative if your on a budget: moto-d as well.

·
Vendor
6,808 Posts
i've read they steal designs from other companies and have them made in china.

Here is a read for you about them:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=274725

i personally use chicken hawk warmers now and love them, worth every penny. I used to have a set of chinese tire warmers. This time last year actually. It was an unusually cold day and i went out for a race on my slicks. I get to turn 2 at barber and go to accelerate out of it. My back in came around on me and i flew over the bars. I crushed the bones in my left hand and was out of commission for 5 months as my bones healed and therapy to get my hand working again. My fingers still don't look right. Turns out of the pos warmers i had were not good enough to keep heat into the tires. It was getting the surface hot, but nothing past that. They had little insulation so the heat they did generate was coming out and not soaking into the tire. The light came on indicating they were up to temp, but that was not the case. My thought before was just "it's just a heat blanket right, what does it matter?" well, i learned my lesson.

I can't say either way on the psr warmers, but just make 100% sure that they are good warmers before going with them. From what i've heard of their company, i'd stay away from them. But it is possible they copied whatever design well enough.

Known good brands:
Chicken hawk / suzuka
woodcraft
t2
:+1: Chicken Hawk and Woodcraft or great options. We used Capit warmers on the race team this year and worked out well too. The biggest thing is service after the sale in my opinion when it comes to warmers. If you have warranty or defect issue easier to deal with someone in the US...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts