Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it a couple of weeks ago brand new w/ 0 miles for $9200. It was love at first sight. Do you guys think I got a good deal on it? I'm open to constructive opinions! :cool:

Here's a couple of pix I took over the weekend. My Lady In Red is pretty much stock. Added a couple of things here and there like TREX frame sliders, Targa fender eliminator kit and reflective rim decal. I'm looking to get slip on exhausts like KR Tuned. What do you guys think of them? Bascially, I want something that gnarls, my friend's stock 07 CBR1000 sounds sweet. Something along that line. Horsepower is cool but I don't really need it. It's enough for me to handle. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
looks nice! Take the tank stickers off and maybe consider removing the yellow reflectors off the front forks.

That is a sweet looking bike though...I like the fat azz!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Sweet bike, if that was the out the door price then you got a good deal. If not, you could have gotten a 3rd gen cheaper... looks good though, keep the rubber side down!

·
Team Green Baby!
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ki and I'm planning on it. I need to buy the bolts for them before I do. I don't know any other place besides the dealer and I already took the tank sticker off too.

·
Team Green Baby!
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the input guys. I think I could of gotten it cheaper if I negotiated more but was just too excited at the time.

Ki, I took the tank sticker off and the reflector will come off once I get the bolts for them. Only place I know that sell them is the dealer.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Every bolt (except the shoulder bolts for the side and lower fairings) are available any decent hardware store. It's all standard metric shit.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Good looking bike :ayyy: I love Red. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I bought a bolt kit from cycle gear for like $20 one day when I was in there... there are tons of sizes and they are all metric since they seem to be a little hard to find around here.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Though you could have gotten the 08 cheaper, this bike is beautiful...I almost got one myself...AND THAT RED IS THE SHIZNIT!!!!

·
Team Green Baby!
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought so myself regarding bolts. So I went to Lowe's and found nothing. I will try another hardware store. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thank you for the input guys. I think I could of gotten it cheaper if I negotiated more but was just too excited at the time.

Ki, I took the tank sticker off and the reflector will come off once I get the bolts for them. Only place I know that sell them is the dealer.
don't know if its the case the the gen2 but gen3 the reflectors unsrew from the bolts.

Price I would say that you could have gotten a better deal on a 08/09... Bike that's been in inventory that long probably should have gotten for the price of a 600... IMO.

Sweet bike though I really like the gen2!!!

·
Team Green Baby!
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I know. But it was all based on impulse! I wasn't thinking clearly. I just wanted the bike so bad at the time and thought it was a decent deal. It was something about the bike that I really liked.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I gotta say I have an 07 and I would not change to another year. I love this bike so much. Congrats. :thumbsup: I am not trying to come down but I gotta say that I paid $9900 out the door for my 07 in October of 07 with 0 miles on it and frankly I think I over payed. I could have gotten mine cheaper, so in answer to your question, in 09 you definately could have saved a couple of thousand $$'s. But love the bike and :welcome: to the BEST gen!!!:badteeth:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought it a couple of weeks ago brand new w/ 0 miles for $9200. It was love at first sight. Do you guys think I got a good deal on it? I'm open to constructive opinions! :cool:
Nice pick up but...as long as you like it, that's all that matters. Fortunately for us, Kawi has manufactured three unique generations of the ZX-10R thus far, each with their own distinct form and function, strengths and weaknesses, identity and personality. That having been said, if you did your homework, your choice will reward you for years to come. Now back away from the computer and go put some miles on that thing. :thumbsup:

I'm looking to get slip on exhausts like KR Tuned. What do you guys think of them? Bascially, I want something that gnarls, my friend's stock 07 CBR1000 sounds sweet. Something along that line. Horsepower is cool but I don't really need it. It's enough for me to handle. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
The general consensus here with regards to the 06-07 dual exhaust setup is to forego the slip-on and head straight for the full system. Budget permitting of course. The more popular systems are Akra, Arrow, Arata and Beet. The Racefit Growler is a nice option that transforms the bike with a single side exit exhaust that happens to be a slip-on. The requisite PC should also be considered, not for max hp, but focusing on the area under the curve which will make street duty that much more enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts