Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from the dealer and paid for my new -10r! They didn't have the color i wanted(blue) in stock, so ill back at 8 am tomorrow to pick the bike up! Words cannot describe the anticipation im feeling right now, but im sure all you other owner can remember what the day before was like! I post some pictures tomorrow afternoon.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Congrats on the 08 :thumbsup: What color did you end up getting?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Congrats!!!

I just got my 08 yesterday. They are FUUUUN :mrgreen: You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just picked mine up last weekend and cant get enough of it! Bike has power of a 1000 but the handling of a 600, the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, I Picked up my blue ZX-10 the morning, and have so far put about 135 miles on her. I'm completely in love with this bike, I think the mechanic who prepped it for me described it best as 'electric fast'. I did notice a few weird things about my bike though, it seems to have this strange 'buzzing' sound between 3-5K on the RPMs, and the instant i take me hand of the throttle it pulls to the right, but strangely does not pull left if a let go with my brake hand. I'm not really complaining about this, the bike is so great i can over look two little things, but just out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced this?

also I cant seem to find my camera, but ill post some pictures of her as soon as i can!

·
Registered
445 Posts
well, I Picked up my blue ZX-10 the morning, and have so far put about 135 miles on her. I'm completely in love with this bike, I think the mechanic who prepped it for me described it best as 'electric fast'. I did notice a few weird things about my bike though, it seems to have this strange 'buzzing' sound between 3-5K on the RPMs, and the instant i take me hand of the throttle it pulls to the right, but strangely does not pull left if a let go with my brake hand. I'm not really complaining about this, the bike is so great i can over look two little things, but just out of curiosity, has anyone else experienced this?

also I cant seem to find my camera, but ill post some pictures of her as soon as i can!

Congrats!!! You'll find our motors are very agricultural sounding, the buzzing you hear is also normal. There has been many threads about our 08's pulling the the right. The deduced fix is replacing the exhaust with an aftermarket.

Overall the 08 10's seem like a complete package. Great handling combined with a superb motor is pure bliss.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That pull to the right is the cat converter and heavy arse fart can on that awsome machine. I took mine off, and put a two bros slip-on on , and it eliminated the Cat and some decent weight. People can now hear me when I'm riding next to them though.
That vibration has made me experience semi-permanent tingling numbness in my hands after a long ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts