Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after searching everywhere for these
and coming up with few results, and the cheapest i found them is over 450$, i decided to make my own. here are the prototype pics, they're only machined out of plastic and wood just to see how they're gonna come out. i'll post more pics when the aluminum finished version comes out.

here is the main bracket that mounts to the frame, the holes are going to be bigger and the spacers aren't finished yet,

and here is the puck and the piece that the puck mounts to

i was thinking of making a few sets, let me know what you guys think positive or negative, this is just the first step and after these i wanna make some for the 3rd gens and for other bikes as well. all pieces are cnc machined.

here is the logo i made to be machined into the bracket that mounts to the frame,

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
i'd be very interested as well in a set for a second gen once done

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
First off I give you mad props! They look REALLY good. But I do have one concern/observation. You have them set with the point pointing forward. Would that make it more susceptible to catching by digging in while sliding and make the bike flip?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,396 Posts
I saw those WAYYYY back when the '06 came out and they were crazy expensive and not available in the States. You did an awesome job on making them yourself! They look just like the OEM ones I saw.

·
Registered
24 Posts
are you making these on a CNC machine?? If so you should sell them on Ebay. I would buy them for my bike.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First off I give you mad props! They look REALLY good. But I do have one concern/observation. You have them set with the point pointing forward. Would that make it more susceptible to catching by digging in while sliding and make the bike flip?
the face of the puck is shaped like the bottom of a boat, so it wont dig in, at least not as much as a mushroom style slider. hopefully....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hell, when you have some pm me the price shipped to 28303. They look awesome. Maybe they would be less likely to catch if the point pointng forward was a bit rounded off at the top where the slider would make contact first when it hits the ground. I'm just talking about the top of the point. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why did this thread just stop. I was looking forward to seeing how these worked out. Also, I've been searching the internet for the actual expensive ones. Can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why did this thread just stop. I was looking forward to seeing how these worked out. Also, I've been searching the internet for the actual expensive ones. Can someone point me in the right direction.
this hasn't stopped, i am still working on them it just takes alot of time to make something like this especially with little free time to spare, be patient and dont buy the expensive ones. plus i dont believe you can get them in the united states anyway. i am also working on 3rd gen ones. the expensive ones are almost 500 bucks, waste of money. all the aluminum for these frame sliders has already been ordered and the program has been written for the cnc, and i plan on making about a dozen sets and i'll see where it goes. i'm a perfectionist so it's taking me a little bit longer than it should.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those are fantastic sliders. :thumbsup: Take your time and do it right. I'll definitely get a set if your making them for the 3rd gen's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts