MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
At least Ruthless Racing is in the top 10 in qualifying, Make us proud RR

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Tread70 said:
At least Ruthless Racing is in the top 10 in qualifying, Make us proud RR
:+1: I am already proud though what RR has done so far. We use to chat last year a lot before he took on the challenge to go Prostar racing but he was determined to do it. It looks like right now he is #8 in points and getting stronger.:thumbsup: RR

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I was running 30's all weekend bogging the bike and I just didn't feel like I was having to ride the bike hard. I qualified 6th in Commerce and got my ass handed to me in the first round of 1000SS. My buddy DJ was on his 07 GSXR and went his best pass of the weekend 9.23 and I went 9.33. The 07 GSXR's are going to be strong this year. I got a few other things I'm going to do to my bike so maybe I can hang. :thumbsup:

Bloo, I'm actually 3rd in points thanks. :rolleyes:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bloo, I'm actually 3rd in points thanks. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My bad but you can't blame the bloo for Internet sites that don't update or when you don't :rolleyes:

good job anyway :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Try to hide some weight somewhere, where the "techs" can't find it....Get some ceramic bearings for the wheels and if you have them for the wheels make sure the dust covers are taken off.....Get the race kit ecu, 520 conversion, ceramic coat the cylinder head (combustion chambers), and then get a world class tune on it......The techs want be able to detect the race kit ecu and i think it legal to have one according to the "Pro-Star" rulebook.....Who cheats the best in dragracing is who will win !!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
missinlinc said:
Excuse the ignorance, but what is the purpose of adding weight to win a race? Is it to keep from breaking out? Is it to keep the front wheel down?
I think he's talking about dropping weight on the bike. I was confused at first too, but I think he just misworded it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was talking about adding weight to the bike....You have to add weight as far forward as possible on the front of the bike...Just have to find a strategic and hidden spot to do it....It helps keep the front wheel down while launching it really hard off of the line....

·
Registered
99 Posts
cept rules say u cant have ballast... or did that change again... Lees bike was impressive.. with not much time on it or parts available.. its flying.. once they get more time on it and find little tricks to it... its gonna be bad for other bikes. Looks like zook is gonna be serious player in that class.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes weight can be added to the bike up front....sometimes like 30lbs!!...its called ballast and helps a lot on the launch....the help you get on the launch outweighs (no pun intended) the added weight....and it is illegal in 1000ss

·
Registered
683 Posts
Like i said you have to find a strategic place to put or come up with a creative way to get more weight onto the bike....Yes, i know that "ballast" is illegal in prostar but if you start tearing apart these guys bikes and really start searching for it, you will probably find some hidden somewhere on the bikes. It's the little tricks that get you that extra tenth or two and that determines who win the race.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts