Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gutted out the stupid foam from the intake to allow a better flow and air pressure in the intake.
Don't you hate that kind of shit. Why do OEMs alway do stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Gutted out the stupid foam from the intake to allow a better flow and air pressure in the intake.
That last bit of foam was a bitch so I dumped half a bottle of goo gone and let it set for a couple of hours. Came right out.

I may have Eric do some work on my motor depending on your results. I just want more midrange.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That last bit of foam was a bitch so I dumped half a bottle of goo gone and let it set for a couple of hours. Came right out.

I may have Eric do some work on my motor depending on your results. I just want more midrange.
Yeah man, I will be keeping it updated and let you know. Completion time is estimated mid june for the bike to be fully assembled.

·
Registered
903 Posts
It is to manage the overall sound made by the bike. Intake suction noise can add quite a few db. Not needed for racing/track obviously. I ride Laguna on regular basis, where strict sound limits are imposed so I have to keep my intake foam inside to keep sound as low as possible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is to manage the overall sound made by the bike. Intake suction noise can add quite a few db. Not needed for racing/track obviously. I ride Laguna on regular basis, where strict sound limits are imposed so I have to keep my intake foam inside to keep sound as low as possible.
Thats pretty lame, its an awesome noise too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright I sent the heads off to tampa today to get ported/polished and decked, cant wait to see the results soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The guy doing the work on my heads is Eric Lee at proven power in Tampa....big shout out to him. Hes a really cool guy that knows what hes doing.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Subbed. Looks like the begiining of an awesome project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
are you going to be selling the white oem stuff? have green/black metallic spark now, wanting to change. Ski

1 - 20 of 27 Posts