Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
How about one of these with a 3 digit display ??

http://speedwayinstruments.blogspot.com/
Yeah Right, the last big Project I did was design the Gear Indicator and 2yrs later out of 50 Circuit boards I still have 40 sitting in a brief case, not touching this one…. :headshake:…...besides Tachs are not meant to be digital they need to have a Analog flow to them for a quick Reference only when riding fast that's for slooooow bikes :wink:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can just see some Harley dude gazing at his right handlebar as he rides into the front of Walmart.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I can just see some Harley dude gazing at his right handlebar as he rides into the front of Walmart.
We actually had a Moderator not a Moderator at the time but crashed at WallMart. :badteeth: all I can say is his username starts with a H. :helmet:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was he shopping for that super bright ,highly flourescent, glow in the dark, brilliant orange............camouflage ??

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I could believe a HD guy crashing into Wally-world, but one of our own!?
Oh, wait, I just figured out who....never mind. :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey Bloo, what you got for those indicators? This is the first I've heard about them. If you want you can mail me offline.

Thanks.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey Bloo, what you got for those indicators? This is the first I've heard about them. If you want you can mail me offline.

Thanks.
Check it out for yourself there is nothing faster(including the GiPro) and since you helped me out with my Analog guage a few years back it would be no problem for me to make one for you. :wink:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah Dude I totally want one. Do you need to modify the gear position switch? Whats involved? My mail is [email protected] dot net.

You should see the totally agricultural bar graph/LED array I fabbed up cause I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to drive a seven segment display....

Thanks

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yeah Dude I totally want one. Do you need to modify the gear position switch? Whats involved? My mail is [email protected] dot net.

You should see the totally agricultural bar graph/LED array I fabbed up cause I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to drive a seven segment display....

Thanks
No need to modify the GPS, just tap into the Gear Position wire that goes into the ECU and supply ground and power to the box I built. It kinda of works like your display but uses Window comparators instead, what ever voltage is present it activates the display based on the voltage from the GPS plus what window it falls into.

This was a Big project as I designed a circuit board on Computer and Outsourced the boards to be built to fit all the electronics to be soldered and fit in the supplied enclosure.

I will PM you later about pricing & availability, for anyone else interested I can make more if interested $95 shipped to the 48states. 10Rmotor will send you PM on your discount.

Bloo

·
Registered
363 Posts
Right on Dude. It sounds like this is generic enough that it will work on other bikes like the GSXR that use different voltage/resistors for each gear position, correct? If thats so then I might be able to sell a few for you.

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts