Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alrite all you haters and lovers.... I started a page just for the fairing swap.... I'll be updating as things change and i get parts in and such but it should be pretty nice in the end.... Ima try and get trey drunk one night and have him sign a paper saying he'll paint it for some more beer or something hahahahha.....

heres the page link....

www.garthman.com/fairingswap.htm

:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you done yet?

I see pics of the bodywork off, do you have the 06 stuff fitted yet?
I want to do the same thing.
Jim:+1:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont have any of the 06 stuff yet, waiting to sell most of my stock stuff to buy all the 06 stuff...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have a sale pending on the 8" over arm i have for sale so if that sells tomorrow I will be ordering the ram air tube and fairing stay to get things rolling.... Im not sure on what im going to do for body work just yet.... I might get a set from e-racings... 280 shipped for upper and lower. I might sell my front fender which has the carbon fiber sides and buy a race front as well but not sure just yet.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a line on some 06 race bodywork next week.
I still have to order an intake snorkel but will keep you informed of my progress too

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I'm actually watching a auction on ebay right now that is a local seller for me so I might pick up those or i might get e-racing's

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
So far everything looks like its going to bolt up no problem. :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I think so to..... the gauge bolt pattern is different so with some moving of the rubber mounting grommets I got it to work no problem. Ive got a bunch of stuff selling on ebay tonight so as soon as I get paid from that stuff I'll be buying the race fairings and getting them on ASAP. most likely since its getting to be so nice out I'm not even gunna paint them just yet..... pending my money situation lol.... but we shall see. Thanx for the comment.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahhahahah well put.... well we all know here I'm just a stupid young kid with the need for speed.:badteeth: :headshake

I'm always planning something for the pumpkin but this was one thing I've thought a lot about with aerodynamics in mind..... we'll see though I think it will all work out pretty good...

my ultimate goal is just to make the bike go as fast as possible and to get up to maxton one of these days and try to set some records..... the bike should be plenty capable of doing so but we shall see.... :heyyou: :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx, im sure I'll have some haters and lovers on this but oh well.... I can always go back to 04-05 if i hate it.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well first off I got her alll apart already so scratch that lol.... and I don't know if they changed anything drastic just yet on the ram air and such so I don't know if it would work perfect or not but oh well.... I should have fairings in sometime soon so we'll see!!! I'm missing out on some seriously kick ass weather!!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts