Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my insurance is almost up with Geico and I did some shopping around and found that I could save about 200 a year by going with Progressive. Anyone who ever had to file a claim with Progressive care to share their experience with them as far as accident or theft claim?

I don't want to switch to save 200 bucks and go through the hassle if I ever to file a claim.

Thanks
jb

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
I think this is the first time Ive ever heard of someone saving money with progressive.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yes I had to file a claim with Progressive. They gave me all kinds of shit, it took weeks. When they finally did they put my car in a shitty shop. I hate them and I will no longer do insurance through them again.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Having said that though, when I had my accident, guy came out form Progressive and done an estimate. Done it using parts prices for an old zx-10 so he said it was gonna be about 6g to fix, so that they would total it. I repriced it myself, for just under 3g, so I called them and they sent me a check for that. i ended up fixing it for just under 1g.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think this is the first time Ive ever heard of someone saving money with progressive.
:+1:
i have gieco with my truck. but for my bike, it was way to much. so now i use dairyland. theyre way cheaper. never had to file a claim with them, but for almost half the price of gieco, i could care less about how well they handle a claim.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Same here ,, My Bikes policy is up next month with Geico and I`ll definatly be switching to Progressive. I did it on my Truck already and saved money while also uped all my coverages. Hey Geico :thefinger ..

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:+1:
i have gieco with my truck. but for my bike, it was way to much. so now i use dairyland. theyre way cheaper. never had to file a claim with them, but for almost half the price of gieco, i could care less about how well they handle a claim.
As you stated above how you never had to file a claim that's why you could care less. If you're bike was in an accident or stolen I'm sure you would care about how they handle your claim, meaning if they took a week or a few months to settle your claim. But I will look into Dairyland.

Thanks for the response so far guys

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
j is this for your car or bike? I switched to Progressive from State Farm on my car and saved about $200. per year. I cant find anyone even close to State Farm on my bike at $48 amonth.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
take it from someone who deals with them on a a daily basis!!.........progressive sucks!!
They will shortcut your auto collision repairs and force the bodyshops to use junkyard parts or cheap aftermarkets..........they are always in the shop trying to cut repair times and even trying to get us to use old junkyard suspension and steering parts!!

Stay far away from progressive on your auto policies!!..............as far as bikes go?.....I got a quote from them when i first got my 10 and they wanted like 4900 a year for full coverage,.........I told them to go back to their Mom's basement and smoke more Rock cocaine!!...lol.......I went with Geico @ 906 a year full coverage with 2000 dollars gap coverage for the aftermarket stuff on my bike too!!.......all for 906?.....I went with Geico!

I hate progressive!.....well,....I hate all ins companies really,.........but progressive is the worst bunch of cheating vampires i have ever dealt with!!........just my experience!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
If you can?............go with State farm,........they are the easiest to deal with by far!!
the adjusters always tell me,..........whatever it needs,...get it,.........we'll pay!
They just want the car to be fixed correctly,....the first time,.........and every time and want the customer happy!..........State Farm and Farmer's ins group are the best for auto policies,...............progressive is the worst!!!!!.......

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Yes I had to file a claim with Progressive. They gave me all kinds of shit, it took weeks. When they finally did they put my car in a shitty shop. I hate them and I will no longer do insurance through them again.
I would never recommend progressive! I work as a vendor at alot of body shops and all of them have one thing in common; they all hate progressive.

When you have a policy with them and you have an accident, they pick your vehicle up and take it to their wharehouse where multiple body shops bid on your car. The lowest bidder takes your car to their shop where progressive then bitches and moans over the price of every single part on your car, forcing them to use the cheapest possible parts.

Try State Farm, they've always been the cheapest and easiest to work with.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
take it from someone who deals with them on a a daily basis!!.........progressive sucks!!
They will shortcut your auto collision repairs and force the bodyshops to use junkyard parts or cheap aftermarkets..........they are always in the shop trying to cut repair times and even trying to get us to use old junkyard suspension and steering parts!!

Stay far away from progressive on your auto policies!!..............as far as bikes go?.....I got a quote from them when i first got my 10 and they wanted like 4900 a year for full coverage,.........I told them to go back to their Mom's basement and smoke more Rock cocaine!!...lol.......I went with Geico @ 906 a year full coverage with 2000 dollars gap coverage for the aftermarket stuff on my bike too!!.......all for 906?.....I went with Geico!

I hate progressive!.....well,....I hate all ins companies really,.........but progressive is the worst bunch of cheating vampires i have ever dealt with!!........just my experience!
OMG Russ I didn't see your post before writing mine.

I'm a pinstripe guy so I know exactly what you're talking about and second everything you have to say here!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
j is this for your car or bike? I switched to Progressive from State Farm on my car and saved about $200. per year. I cant find anyone even close to State Farm on my bike at $48 amonth.
It's for my motorcycles. I'll be paying 460 per bike a year for full coverage plus 5k in accessories.

Thanks for the responses guys. State farm wanted 100 more than what I paid for with Geico now but 200 cheaper if I have my autos insured with them also.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Progressive blows. Wanted to charge me over three times as much for covering all my bikes than Geico. They are a scam.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yea, state farm is good if you have your auto with them.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Well I guess here is a :+1: for Progressive.

I use them for my bike and cars and have never had a problem. When my last bike was stolen, they covered EVERYTHING. The key is to play by their rules tho... I had pictures and receipts for everything and added the extra insurance to cover it. Didn't cost me a dime extra for that insurance either. Minus my deductible of course, I got every dime I put into my bike back. What more can you ask for?

It could all depend on which office you end up dealing with but based on my experience, I love Progessive. :leghump:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i filed a claim and my rate went down after my wifes speeding ticket point drop off her license im very happy with the service and i have extra coveage for my bolt on parts rims, pipe and the other little extra.s $68 per month

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had my 05 10r stolen :sad: and I have Dairyland. They were the cheapest by far.
So far its been alright dealing with them. We will see how long it takes to get some $$ out of them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts