Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't mapped my PC3 but after reading an article about the impact of ram air, I believe that setting the bike using data from real runs will be helpful, accurate and freaking exciting. I think that if I purchase a good A/F meter (digital) and with the O2 sensor in the right place I could gather an accurate data.
How about taking the bike out and ride it (in a safe place) while looking at the meter. I could gather the data and go to my laptop and do changes accordingly. It takes time and it might be dangerous at the high speed/revs, but there's nothing more gratifying than doing things yourself. I will have to replace the PC3 where I could see it to get the throttle position data first (if I am not mistaking the lights at the PC3 tells the throttle position). After 70mph is when the Ram air starts getting important. You could tell me that I am crazy :eyecrazy: , and I will say, "I know".

Hey I am just writing while thinking, let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Big Daddy

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I've seen weed blowers attached to the ram air intakes to simulate that before on dynos do'nt know how accurate either would be tho :dontknow:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't seen them around here, plus I don't trust the ability of anyone out here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a Dynojet Wideband Commander on my bike. I used the map that came with pipe and every time I make a change to the bike I make a pass with the Wideband on and check it on the computer, then I adjust the Powercommander to make a good map. I do this at the dragstrip so I can take full advantage of the ram air.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bingo!!!!! Darn, have to get up to date. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts