Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I swapped over some of my Titanium hardware to Blue Titanium so I'm selling some spares,
10xTitanium M8 front rotor bolts
4xTitanium M10-65mm racespec bolts(front caliper mount bolts)
3xTitanium M10-65mm bolts(rear shock linkage)
Rotor bolts suit 2011-ZX10R
I have them advertised on Facebook for $65 Aus plus freight for the lot and if anyone's interested just pm me!I will work out a good deal so let me no(I'm in Australia also)
Thanks for looking(PayPal please)
Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Ammunition Copper Bullet Metal Gun accessory

·
Registered
771 Posts
Such cool hardware. I wish I'd seen this posting earlier!

So Peter, how much weight have you managed to carve off your bike so far? Is it an ABS on non-ABS model?

cheers

Reactions: peterd10r

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probolt Titanium bolts

Porsche my bike is a ABS model!the only thing left from the system is the ABS unit itself!I have even replaced the M6 ABS mount bolts to Titanium and wish I could remove the unit without throwing fault codes!Ive dropped well over 20kg(44lbs)and you definitely can feel the benefits while riding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
44lbs! Good Lord that's a hefty mass to carve off an already light bike.

So 437lbs wet minus 44lbs = 393lbs or a 10% savings overall.

Very, very impressive!

Reactions: peterd10r

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Probolt Titanium bolts

Thank you!actually it's a on going project!Ive allways had 1 eye on the full carbon fiber subframe supports and that will happen eventually!I was cashed up at the start of this year but felt the Rapidbike fueling module(8injector loom)would be the wisest mod and turned into fact after the install,then got $ up again but allways wanted to upgrade the front rotors with 320mm TDrives(but was sent 330mm HP!bit of a story)!did I need the RB(not really)would I reap the real world benefits of the 330 rotors?(not a chance).I looked at the wiring diagram for the ABS unit and will try and see if there is some way or someone has found a way to be able to disconnect and remove that unit!it must weigh a little bit as the ABS model is 3kg heavier than the ZX10R without(if memory serves me correct).
Porschenut the gen4 ABS manual stipulates 203kg wet does that include a full tank of gas?Im very very sceptical of any sportbike manufacturer claims to their bikes weight!I would luv a bike magazine to do a feature on the top Jap and Euro 1000 racing(R1,RSV4,GSXR,CBRR,ZX10R,1299)to see the truth not dodgy numbers

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM back at you LDH,as I said if bun makes a different call your name is on them
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
771 Posts
Porschenut the gen4 ABS manual stipulates 203kg wet does that include a full tank of gas?Im very very sceptical of any sportbike manufacturer claims to their bikes weight!I would luv a bike magazine to do a feature on the top Jap and Euro 1000 racing(R1,RSV4,GSXR,CBRR,ZX10R,1299)to see the truth not dodgy numbers

Ah, my 437lbs figure was off memory but I must have that 2nd digit wrong. 203kg wet works out to 447lbs which would include fuel.

447lbs - 44lbs = 403lbs. Still very impressive!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife buys 5kg bags of Carrots to indice her Horse as a bargaining tool!she actually asked me to help her carry them after a shopping trip!it only then came to my that carrying a bag(5kg)in each hand the actual scale of weight loss!and that was only 10kg lol

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No sorry Boomer!my wife is on her way to the post office as I type mate!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts