Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am in need of some insight. I recently pulled the clutch out to fix a shifting issue (resolved) and put the same clutch back in the exact same way.. my problem is with the springs. If i torque them down to 8ft/lbs like it says, it nearly bottoms the spring out, so when i put the cluctch case cover on, the release shaft grabs the pusher but the springs dont have enough travel, so it doesn't work, or disengage. Honestly tried to loosen them and still can't get it to work right, its gone back exactly the same way. Im so lost, been tinkering and reading the manual for 3 hours. No luck. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
641 Posts
You're threading #5 in the diagram into #6 which should still be on the clutch hub (or what I think of as the flywheel if thinking of a clutch on a car)?

I've changed my clutch and taken it apart more times than I can remember since I drag race it and I can't ever remember the bolts almost bottom out the springs, it does compress them but not bottom them out.

Dumb question but you started with a fiber and ended with a fiber?

You try adjusting the free play on the clutch cable? I helped a buddy do a clutch on his gen 4 and he had to adjust the free play at both the clutch lever and adjuster at the clutch cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
make sure the outer pressure plate is aligned correctley on the clutch hub after all fibers/steels in place and engages the plates when installed by hand. u have to rotate the plate to different positions to do this. also check that top case clutch rod is locked in groove with pressure plate puller, may have to lift it up a little once clutch cover on to get it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts