Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally after installing all my quick bolt on(brocks alienhead, bmc race filter, pc5, -1+2) and getting my ecu flashed from guhl i took the bike to the dyno to get a tune done since i could tell she was running really rich. After make a baseline run she put down 160 and could tell that the power wouldnt come on like it should it would just gradually get to full power. They hooked up tuning link software to it to start tuning and looking into it. They found that when my throttle was cracked wide open the tps wouldnt instantly go to 100% it would only gradually open to full power. Its almost like its on one of the lower power modes...anyone have any problems like this or have any ideas?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
have u set the TPS on the PC yet? may need to reset it

·
Registered
881 Posts
So finally after installing all my quick bolt on(brocks alienhead, bmc race filter, pc5, -1+2) and getting my ecu flashed from guhl i took the bike to the dyno to get a tune done since i could tell she was running really rich. After make a baseline run she put down 160 and could tell that the power wouldnt come on like it should it would just gradually get to full power. They hooked up tuning link software to it to start tuning and looking into it. They found that when my throttle was cracked wide open the tps wouldnt instantly go to 100% it would only gradually open to full power. Its almost like its on one of the lower power modes...anyone have any problems like this or have any ideas?

Check the tps wires of the PCV,maybe you tapped to the STPS instead of the primary,and what you see is the secondary plates operated by the ECU.These indeed don't open instantly even if you open the throttle wide open.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
it's rare but happens when a flash doesn't take on an ecu. it doesn't mean anythings broken it just didn't take and needs to be reflashed. only putting down 160 is a stock bike, a flashed bike should be doing 175+ without a tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts