Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has experienced what im experiencing. recently my bike started acting up and seems like the Bazzaz is cutting out. the bazzaz light is on so i know it has power but sometimes the qs will not work. bike will then sometimes seem like it running on 2 cylinders for a bit and stall if clutch is pulled in. fi light begins to flash on dash but then the problem seems to clear up. i checked all scotch connectors and even changed it. yesterday went out for a rideand all was working fine. then just like that it starts to seems like it runs on 2 cyl with no power. got home and shut it off then went to start it and noticed the fuel pump wouldnt prime. turned key off to go inside and get service manual and when i came back out i tried it again and then the fuel pump waqs working. so im not sure if im chasing a ghost thinking its the bazzaz and just something else with the bike. anyone have any ideas or suggestions??? i will call bazzaz tech tomorrow to see if they can help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't think the QS/TC would have anything to do with the fuel pump, it works off the ignition I believe. Check the main frame ground behind the batt.,maybe kick stand switch, or the thumb kill switch on the handle bar to start.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am going through the same issue and I have a pcv with auto tune. What I am experiencing is that when riding the power on the bike just drops and it does feel like is running on 2-3 cylinders you can also hear the difference. It does it for a min or two and then out of nowhere you feel the power come back as well the sound of the engine back to normal. I will first start on my wires connections then the spark plugs. Im thinking is my plugs since I am close to 8k on miles and with my upgrades I haven't change them yet. Not sure if that’s a bad thing but I will change them first and see what happens. Bike wasn’t start either for about a month and it was left on a empty tank too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hitithard - sounds like you need to update your firmware in the PCV. There is a known issue on these bikes with firmware between 1.6.11 and 1.8.13. I would suggest updating to the latest on the site which is 1.9.2. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hitithard - sounds like you need to update your firmware in the PCV. There is a known issue on these bikes with firmware between 1.6.11 and 1.8.13. I would suggest updating to the latest on the site which is 1.9.2. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm running the 1.6.11. I will update tomorrow and see if that's it. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm running the bazzaz with QS/TC and have a similar power issue when I accidentally use the wrong fuel map. Have you had you bike mapped to the correct Air/Fuel Ratio and on a dyno going through ALL throttle positions and ALL rpm ranges?

Regarding the fuel pump/bike not starting, I've never had that issue so sorry I'm not gonna be much help with that issue :-/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Updated my firm wire and no issues yet..thanks

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
????

well guys the bazzaz is in california being checked out. I pulled the whole bazzaz out and it ran excellent and rode for over an hour with no troubles excet for some minor popping because of my mods. so to make sure it was the bazzaz i wired the whole thing back up and within 5 minutes it started dropping cylinders again and running like crap. so i contacted bazzaz and they wanted the whole unit back with harness and qs to test. i got a call the other day and bazzaz says the unit checked out ok :dontknow: I said impossible and told them what i did to confirm itvand they wanted to keep a little longer for further testing.:headshake if they find nothing they are sending it back and want me to try just the FI part of the module and dont hook up the qs and tc part. depending on what happens theyll probably give me a new unit. ill see what happens

·
Registered
500 Posts
i noticed on my bazazz...one of the clips..forgot which one...just kind of clamps into the wire.. seemed like it would get connectivity then loose... I took off that clip and soldered it instead and I have never had a problem since....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts