Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
Finally I put together my motorcycle cosmetically and took it out for a test run... ... Seems like there is something electrically not right.
1. If I push it when in gear, and take the rpm to approximately over 9, it starts loosing power... seems like power is being broken down into pieces. When this happens, the meter also shuts down, and instead of speed its like 000 or nothing, then again 000 or nothing..

2. The head light fuse keeps blowing up. I replaced it with 15 amp, but then again it blows up.

I did not do anything electrically after I got it back (it was stolen)... however; I did put in scorpio alarm (I do not think it should do that though).

If it helps, it also has a dino jet PC.

No idea why is it happening... is it that the generator is not putting out controlled output?

Please HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :(
Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take out the PC3 and see what happens.....then undo the alarm and see what happens....after that it might be the ECU
:|

Cant it be the alternator? Putting out uncontrolled electricity, that is blowing up the fuses?

The PC3 has been installed for months, and it never gave the problem.. unless the thieves did something to it :(...

I think I will have to take the alarm out, and see what happens.. however, any other idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
The scorpio alarm also has an engine cutoff mode and it could be making your lights blow. Did you splice the alarm in or buy the harness for it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The scorpio alarm also has an engine cutoff mode and it could be making your lights blow. Did you splice the alarm in or buy the harness for it?
Actually, the harness was of no use, so actually I spliced it in. I think the main problem (if it is the alarm) would be the ignition cut off... I can disconnect it and check to see if the bike runs fine. Actually, that will be the first thing I will check. However, if it is causing the problem, I would think there is something wrong with the alarm, since I really cut the right wire, and hooked the alarm wires in it (did not soldire it though).

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I can tell you this, I have the same alarm as you and had the same problem!!! I can tell you first off that you should of bought the harness and not jimmy rig that on there, there are to many little fuses and you could also blow your complete ecu computer up if its not in there properly, I went threw my lights not working, guages ect. It got old so I just called scorpio and ordered the correct wireharness and never had a problem since...

·
Registered
2004 ZX-10R
762 Posts
:|

Cant it be the alternator? Putting out uncontrolled electricity, that is blowing up the fuses?

Check up the battery tension with the engine running using a multimeter.

I think I will have to take the alarm out, and see what happens.. however, any other idea?
Thanks

If the tension is OK and you´ve blowing fuses then you´ve a shortcircuit somewhere.
As the other fellas said, check your alarm connection out in the first place. If it´s OK, then search everywhere in the cables harness.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
And do NOT EVER put a bigger fuse in somewhere... they are designed at a certain rate on purpose...

Unless you would like to see your bike go up in flames someday... :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts