Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help you guys! I have a 2004 ZX10r and it has some serious vibrating going on. When I ride it feels as if it vibrates from the back at a rhythmic pace and goes to the front end. My chain and sprockets are still great. I have nooo clue what to do!! Could you guys give me any suggestions or ideas of what the problem can be? Thank you guys in advance

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
everything torqued up? Is the chain run straight? is the front wheel torqued properly? I would need a better description to give a more accurate possibility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I take if it’s not really felt but the faster I got the harder it shakes. When I get to 50mph or so and I cruise it shakes with a pattern. I checked the chain and sprockets and there are in good shape.. it vibrates from the back and it feels like it sends the vibrations to the front and the front end shakes right after

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
rear wheel balance, is the rear wheel straight and chain run would be where I would start.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Is it a side-to-side rhythm or an up-down rhythm? If it's up down, your wheels are likely off-balance or you might've lost your wheel weights or something. If it's side-to-side then you should check your axle nut torque or something... fixing this over the internet is like trying to find a 10mm :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it a side-to-side rhythm or an up-down rhythm? If it's up down, your wheels are likely off-balance or you might've lost your wheel weights or something. If it's side-to-side then you should check your axle nut torque or something... fixing this over the internet is like trying to find a 10mm <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/laughing.gif" border="0" alt="" title="LOL" >:)</a>
It’s up and down

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
It’s up and down
Okay, I think your bearings are F'd then. The wheel should not wobble one bit, even before torquing the axle nut to spec. Pull the wheel off... check your spacers, make sure those are flat and not cracked or bent. After you pull the wheel stick the axle rod back in, and shake it... if the rod moves (it shouldn't) then you need to have your bearings replaced.

Easy fix. Can be done in an afternoon. Hit up your local FB riders page for nearby recommended mechanics. Here's a link to the bearings for a Gen1... 2-Day ship those babies and be back to normal before this time next week!
Amazon.com: All Balls 25-1386 Rear Wheel Bearing Kit: Automotive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts