Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my new alth rotors with new gold galfer brake pads. I had a problem with a bad shudder when I tried a different set of these pads with my stock rotors under hard braking. I put the stock pads back on and the problem was gone. Now, with the new setup which is supposed to work a still giving me a hard shudder at low speed hard braking. They work well till about 30 mph and below but it gets pretty violent which is no fun. What should I do, I'm assuming it's the pads not working well with the rotors but which pads should I try. Thanks for the help and ideas.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
stock HH pads? i have no idea why your getting vibration though?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I don't get it, I've bled everything, I've got the nissin calipers, spiegler ss lines. It just seems like they won't bite and slips at lower speeds.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Check your front tire,,, I know it sounds strange,,, but I have had a very bad front brake shimmy caused by worn fornt tires.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check your front tire,,, I know it sounds strange,,, but I have had a very bad front brake shimmy caused by worn fornt tires.

I've got about 900 miles on some dc3's. It's dfinetly a brake issue. With the stock setup everything works fine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just put on my new alth rotors with new gold galfer brake pads. I had a problem with a bad shudder when I tried a different set of these pads with my stock rotors under hard braking. I put the stock pads back on and the problem was gone. Now, with the new setup which is supposed to work a still giving me a hard shudder at low speed hard braking. They work well till about 30 mph and below but it gets pretty violent which is no fun. What should I do, I'm assuming it's the pads not working well with the rotors but which pads should I try. Thanks for the help and ideas.
I noticed the same thing on my bike.I just put on zx14 calipers on which came with the gold pads.It would appear on the main straight when I was trying to scrub off some of that 145mph for turn one...I almost shit myself when it first happened after that lap I pulled off and checked to see if the bolts were tight.Everything seemed ok.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
yeah funny you mentioned this as when i put on the brembo monoblocks on my 636, using the stock brembo pads i had huge amounts of shudder....swapped over to some SBS sintered street problem fixed..i then without doing anything else put the brembo pads on my 1098 ducati and no issue..

not sure if it is a pad material to rotor metal issue or what, but if they shuddered on one bike shouldnt they do the same on another?
try installing the stock pads back in and see if it does it, then maybe you can narrow down the cuplrit (glazed pads, need to scuff the rotors up)?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put my stock pads back on and the problem is all but gone, it's close but still there. I haven't had a chance buy I'm going to put the stock rotors back on to see if that totally cures it. People keep saying I have air in my lines but I don't think I can bleed them anymore. I've used the square head and hammer to tighten my steering head but I'm going to order the proper tool and torque it to spec. Hopefully something works here.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Old thread but Ive had a problem at updating my posts so here we go LOL. It ended up being my steering head bearings, had them replaced with some new bearings and problems gone, just strong, progressive 1 finger braking now. Love this set up, one of my favorite mods for sure!!!!! Just need to beef up my forks now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts