Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. So I just bought this bike and Ive discovered a couple problems.

1.) The bike cuts out under load ( Very Bad ) It breaks up and has no power

2.) When a rolling on the throttle quickly it breaks up immediately .

If your just driving around it runs fine. As soon as the bike calls for more powerthe problem arises.

Bike has NO MODS .. Is bone Stock ... It did have a cheesy slash cut 6 inch pipe that was taken off and when the stockers were reinstalled the servo cables to the butterfly was no longer availablee to reuse so the butterfy bracket is no longer on the mid pipe so the flap is just inside loose with no spring to keep it open or closed. this the problem ?

At this point i should just pry it out and weld up the holes correct ? Would JB weld suffice or go to my local welding shop .. ?

ALSO .....There are no Codes ... So that rules out a sensor correct ? ... Spark plugs perhaps ?

·
Registered
959 Posts
looks like your fuel pump is going bad try to take it out and clean your fuel pump filter if its dose not help u will need new one hope this help u same thing hapen to my bike 3 times but its 04 or mabe your flap is closeing and makeing your bike to choke

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to get the exhaust sorted out before we can diagnose your issue properly but I think you may have a fuel issue.
Monday Im going to have a mufffler shop tap out the butterfly. and possibly build a cat eliminator pipe .. Fuel .. well it surges through the rough so is it possible the butterfly is closing and choking the bike out . Its loos and flapping freely inside the pipe

And bike idles a little low .. I just got it home today .so Ill know more . Im getting marrried tomorrow and was my little girls birthday today so I have had no time to trooubleshoot anything.I just wanted some advice so i dont end up out in my garage all night hehehe

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Monday Im going to have a mufffler shop tap out the butterfly. and possibly build a cat eliminator pipe .. Fuel .. well it surges through the rough so is it possible the butterfly is closing and choking the bike out . Its loos and flapping freely inside the pipe

And bike idles a little low .. I just got it home today .so Ill know more . Im getting marrried tomorrow and was my little girls birthday today so I have had no time to trooubleshoot anything.I just wanted some advice so i dont end up out in my garage all night hehehe
Just pull the cables off the servo and the butterfly will stay open and you wont have to pay someone to cut it out:wink:

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

on another note HOLY CRAP IS IT HARRD TO FIND PARTS FOR 2nd GEN

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just pull the cables off the servo and the butterfly will stay open and you wont have to pay someone to cut it out:wink:
If it was that easy I woulda doone that ..There are no cables ... Just the butterfly inside and they took off the brackets off each side so there is no spring load keeping it in one position.You can actually hear it flapping and banging when the bike idles

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
If it was that easy I woulda doone that ..There are no cables ... Just the butterfly inside and they took off the brackets off each side so there is no spring load keeping it in one position.You can actually hear it flapping and banging when the bike idles
I'm assuming you don't own a 3rd gen then:wink:

Because on a 3rd gen if you pull the cables it pulls the slack off the buttefly leaving it open:badteeth:

Oh well, grab a torch and give it hell or a drill bit:thumbsup:

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm assuming you don't own a 3rd gen then:wink:

Because on a 3rd gen if you pull the cables it pulls the slack off the buttefly leaving it open:badteeth:

Oh well, grab a torch and give it hell or a drill bit:thumbsup:
hahahaha I wish it was a 3rd gen ... I have a 2007tenR ...Just got it traded off my short lived K6 gsxr 750 ... Im just not a track whore so the gixxer lost its allure quickly . I ride too much and that bike will beat ya to deat but she had power

Nowadays im thinkin " I SHOULDA KEPT MY 05 ZX10R GREEN" she was a beast but pulled to the right on every wheelie ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts