Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm currently changing my head gasket for a Muzzy. The head unbolted, but it's stuck on motor case. Is there any trick to free the head loose? I suppose that it's not a good thing to use a screwdriver and a hammer:rolleyes:

And for those who have degreed their cam, were you able to do it with engine in frame? Because I currently do my head gasket without removing it.

Thanks!!
Yannick (Ninja3030)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
oh man it has been awhile sence i did this....uhhh make sure all bolts are out. then hit it with a rubber mallet. there are pins to align it. so pull up on it. damn it has been about 4 months sence i did that..... i think we did pry on it a little however DONT use the screwdriver and a wedge you'll destroy your cases.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! I finally got it. Everything is cleaned and ready to install, probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
title said:
Problem romoving head.
uhhh never had that problem. always trying to get Head!:lol:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
there is maybe 9 bolts now preventing you from removing the engine so pull it and degree the cams. I had to use the rubber mallet to remove mine, the old gasket was such a pain to clean off, i think it took me over 4 hours to get it clean.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was lucky for the cleaning, I think it was less than an hour !

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Keep in mind that when yur degreeing the cams the pointer angle needs to be Sq to the top of the bucket. It's a PITA to get it perfect but you'll find that when it's off the reading don't repeat well and the more it's off the more compounded this situation is. Play around with your set up and you'll find that .001 lift difference makes a BIG difference on the wheel. ANY difference on the wheel changes the outcome ALOT! Therefore doing this in the frame isn't something wise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts