Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 zx-10r. Now my bike starts and runs fine until I pop it into first gear, then it stalls. What could it be? thanks

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Sounds like it could be the kick stand sensor.

Have you washed it or ridden in the rain recently?

You can also try some electrical contact cleaner around the pivot point on the kickstand switch. If you are still having problems and feel up to it you can bypass the switch and see if that solves the problem.

You might also want to check fuses and connectors under the seat but I'd mess with the switch before even going this far.

·
Registered
272 Posts
sounds like it could be the kick stand sensor.

You can also try some electrical contact cleaner around the pivot point on the kickstand switch. If you are still having problems and feel up to it you can bypass the switch and see if that solves the problem.

You might also want to check fuses and connectors under the seat but i'd mess with the switch before even going this far.
:+1:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, kick stand switch.. or the kickstand isn't going all the way up..

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Sounds like it could be the kick stand sensor.

You might also want to check fuses and connectors under the seat but I'd mess with the switch before even going this far.
This. Could be battery as well. I have similar issues but I know it is my battery.

·
Registered
424 Posts
sounds like it could be the kick stand sensor.

You might also want to check fuses and connectors under the seat but i'd mess with the switch before even going this far.
:+1:

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
I have a 05 zx-10r. Now my bike starts and runs fine until I pop it into first gear, then it stalls. What could it be? thanks
could be your kickstand switch or your kickstand is down.....!! Test it by putting the kickstand down and popping iit into gear > If not could be clutch related .. Try adjusting it at the perch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts