Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Hmmm. Well, you got a couple problems going on. First, the Gen 2 only came with the O2 sensor on the European models. So I'm guessing that's what you have. Second, FI code 63 is for the exhaust butterfly valve and your O2 sensor plugs don't do anything to that. So you have something else wrong that is not related to anything you installed or you messed something up with the bike being apart. And without more information as to what else is going on with the bike and the mods you have, it's hard to tell you where to lok or what you're trying to get fixed here.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I apologize for the lack of information I will repeat but calmly and with all the info.

Motorbike: kawasaki zx10r 2006 Portugal
Changes:
Two akrapovic Ecxaust
Lambda sensor off - and put this https://i.ebayimg.com/ images / g / neIAA ... LHG / s-l300.jpg on conetor
Servo buddy removed
Motorbike: kawasaki zx10r 2006 Portugal.

Errors 63 and 67

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
The best solution is have the ecu flashed to turn off the O2 sensors & exhaust butterfly. Be done with the lot it wont bother you again.
Ah, yes! Usually that is great info and I agree! Except in this case we're referencing a Gen 2. Back then, nobody flashed anything other than the old lady down the street or the neighborhood girls. That ECU is old and nobody worried about going back to decode them since they are a dying breed these days. That said, it is possible to reflash them to change the fueling maps, but the error code removal is not something supported for that generation.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
sorry is this

and for error 67 what concerns I at this moment have it on the motorcycle

https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/a/T2...g~~/s-l640.jpg
I have no idea what those little plugs are or what they are supposed to do.

The o2 heater is part of the sensor itself and is not separate. So if you're getting the error while using those plugs, then there's something wrong with them, there's something wrong with the wiring to them, or they just don't remove that error. What happens if you plug the o2 sensors back in? Does the error go away?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no idea what those little plugs are or what they are supposed to do.

The o2 heater is part of the sensor itself and is not separate. So if you're getting the error while using those plugs, then there's something wrong with them, there's something wrong with the wiring to them, or they just don't remove that error. What happens if you plug the o2 sensors back in? Does the error go away?

When I put in the sensors again the errors that appear are

33 - Oxygen sensor #1 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
83- Oxygen sensor #2 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
67 - Oxygen sensor heaters (#1 and/or #2) malfunction, wiring open or short (Europe
Models)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
When I put in the sensors again the errors that appear are

33 - Oxygen sensor #1 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
83- Oxygen sensor #2 inactivation, wiring open or short (Europe Models)
67 - Oxygen sensor heaters (#1 and/or #2) malfunction, wiring open or short (Europe
Models)
That's not good. If those little plug-in units cause the same error 67 as the sensors themselves, then you have a wiring issue going on. Have you checked the fuse to the o2 heater? If that's OK, then you need to trace the wiring in the harness to see if it is connected out all the way back to the ECU.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's not good. If those little plug-in units cause the same error 67 as the sensors themselves, then you have a wiring issue going on. Have you checked the fuse to the o2 heater? If that's OK, then you need to trace the wiring in the harness to see if it is connected out all the way back to the ECU.

When I plugin these little pieces of the photo I only get the error 67
When I plugin the sensors instead of these plugs it is that errors 33, 83 and 67 appear, which is the heating fuse?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
When I plugin these little pieces of the photo I only get the error 67
When I plugin the sensors instead of these plugs it is that errors 33, 83 and 67 appear, which is the heating fuse?
How do you know that those plugs are designed to override code 67? They may not. If you know that they should clear all the codes, then you have a wire problem or a power problem. Or they are defective.

The fuse is a 10A fuse and should be labelled in the panel under the rider seat. Check that first to be sure it's not blown.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SkyDork, first of all, thank you for your patience and willingness to help me, I came home and took everything apart and I'll tell you what I did.

1 - I tested all fuses and they ok
2 - I unplugged those plugs and turned on the sensors
3. I started the motorcycle with the engine running
4 - I virified errors, (error 67 present)
5 - I turned the sensors off and started the bike again.
(error 67 33 83 present)
6 - I turned on sensors o2 again (error 67 present)
7 - I turned off and I plugged in the photo cards Error 67 Present

1 - 15 of 15 Posts