Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swap my engine with one a rebuild and there is something wrong in the tranny while shifting at full throttle in 4-5 sometime the gear drop from 4to3 or 5to4.. dont know for the 6 i didnt ride a track where i can get full throttle in 6 ..

Sometime it drop gear sometime it just goes "in between" and is like in false neutral .. i have to let go the throttle so it engage by itshelf..

Any idea what it could be?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
i swap my engine with one a rebuild and there is something wrong in the tranny while shifting at full throttle in 4-5 sometime the gear drop from 4to3 or 5to4.. dont know for the 6 i didnt ride a track where i can get full throttle in 6 ..

Sometime it drop gear sometime it just goes "in between" and is like in false neutral .. i have to let go the throttle so it engage by itshelf..

Any idea what it could be?

It's a transmission problem. The shift forks or shift drum are worn out. Or the shift mechanism itself. Don't ignore it as it will only get worse. You need to drop the motor and split the crankcase and inspect the transmission parts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a transmission problem. The shift forks or shift drum are worn out. Or the shift mechanism itself. Don't ignore it as it will only get worse. You need to drop the motor and split the crankcase and inspect the transmission parts
allright... Thanks.. ill put the stock engine back in !.. I have a race in 5 day lol

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is what the fifth gear look like .. It could be the problem ? or the result of another?
Im missing the clutch too to go further in my researsh

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well found the problem..

But also found another problem.. bearing of the crank shaft are bad.. Is it worth rebuilding the engine?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Its probably worth rebuilding at least you know the motor and tranny are good. If you buy another motor you just don't know what condition it will be in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts