Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people on here say, post your windscreens. And people post their windscreens, their ideas, their prices, and their feedback.

Is there a post that says, "POST YOUR EXHAUSTS"!!!

Looking for some exhausts for my new ZX10r and have a couple in mind but still not sure.

Looks: TaylorMade, Akra CF, TwoBros Black, and Yoshimura CF Dual-Port.

Sound: Not sure. I love the DEEP rumble from TwoBros but I'm hearing that through a damn phone so the sound clip doesn't hold much weight.

Gains: ?

Looking for the these 3. Willing to sacrifice one for the other but would like to keep it looking good, sounding sweet, and if I get gains then great but I ain't paying $800 for just looks.

If it's 200 and looks good but doesn't sound good and no gains, then forget it.
If it's 200 and sounds good but looks like caca, then forget it.
If it's 200 and gains are 2 hp at the crank, forget it.

Looking for sound and looks primarily. Additional Hp is a plus and will be considered depending on price.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Stock!

If I come over the crest of a hill and spot a cop, I'll take the 50% odds that he's got the radar gun facing the other direction instead of the 100% odds that it's facing in my direction!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run a Black M4 GP exhaust on my Gen4 and had the same on my Gen3, im not sure if there is a louder one out there, if there is i havent heard it yet.
Its a low tone but loud, it will pop on de-acceleration too.

Lookswise i like it, but some may not, you will have to google as i havent any pics to hand and judge for yourself.

power increase if you de-cat it then you'l save a bunch of weight and youl probably gain what 2hp or something, nothing you will notice anyway, not sure any exhaust will give you noticable power increase.

best looking exhaust is the taylor-made but again its all about opinion, i wasnt willing to pay 400 extra just for looks, when i like the M4 anyways.. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The absolute best "sounding" exhaust was on my race bike. I had a high-rise Micron on an R6 and wow. That thing sounded like a Hyabusa with duals. It was deep and throaty for a 600. What I can see from recent research is, Micron has slightly fell off the map... I went to their website and it was a joke.

I enjoyed my stainless TwoBros on my GSXR1000 but kinda want a change. The ZX10 is different from the GSXR and obviously the exhaust will sound different.

I like the looks of the TaylorMade but I have read some "not-so-good" reviews about it. From the sound clips online it sounds like you're standing next to a 1500hp racecar thats slightly obnoxious.

My Yoshi Tri-oval was also nice on my 02 GSXR1000 but it just seems too simple.

IDK.....

These are the ones i'm leaning towards:
-TwoBros Black
-TaylorMade
-Akrapovic
-Yoshi CF (but i hate that S-pipe underneath)

Anyone please expand on my above thoughts as well as any direct feedback on my exhaust selection. Then we will talk about programmers (Bazaaz, PC, etc)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like my Akra Shorty with Link Pipe, not obnoxious and sounds throaty. I like the looks of the AR one too, but don't know much about them as far as sound or gains.

·
Registered
176 Posts
just listen to youtube vids for the sound you want.

Either way, you won't see any good gains unless you get headers AND the slip on.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also here different stories about this.... Ive had some people telling me that adding a full titanium system on the 14 ZX10 is pissing away money because it already has titanium headers. So I'd be replacing titanium headers with titanium headers..

Please shed some light on this.

just listen to youtube vids for the sound you want.

Either way, you won't see any good gains unless you get headers AND the slip on.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea...I really like that. Is that a full system or slip-on? I want the full Carbon Fiber but it's not available in a slip-on from what I've read. And the thought of buying a full system goes back to my previous question above about replacing the OEM titanium pipe/headers with Akra titanium pipe/headers.... seems pointless

·
Registered
107 Posts
Akra has a mid pipe option. The full is the only one that comes with the full carbon but is longer and costs way more. The stock header is good on this bike, I would just do the slip-on (whatever exhaust you decide) with mid pipe and do re-flash then a tune would be the best bang for the buck. Not sure on the numbers on the difference in power between full system and slip with link but I don't think it's much, maybe 5hp more with a tune.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$900+ for the Akra Slip-on and Mid Pipe...!!!! No thanks.... Just called... They have fell off their rockers and snorted paint chips along the way....

I like my Akra Shorty with Link Pipe, not obnoxious and sounds throaty. I like the looks of the AR one too, but don't know much about them as far as sound or gains.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
This is the best pic I have on my phone of my M4, I've had it on 3 zx10r's and won't go with another as this is the best slip on I've had. I'll get a better pic later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The power difference between all the slip-ons is nothing to be concerned with. They are all pretty close from what I have seen, so go for what you like to look at more.

Here is how my Yosh sounds. I love it. Not too loud riding around town, but sounds great when you open it up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I also here different stories about this.... Ive had some people telling me that adding a full titanium system on the 14 ZX10 is pissing away money because it already has titanium headers. So I'd be replacing titanium headers with titanium headers..

Honestly to see the full benefits you have to get a fuel controller to tune the AFR once you add the exhaust. If you add the header, slip on, and commander you will see the best results. Obviously it won't be cheap.

The better mod that will make you say "holy shit" is -1 front/+2 rear sprockets. Best mod for the money, by far.

The slip on is just going to be for sound. You won't feel the extra power, because it's going to be minimal. Just buy within your budget. Anything you buy will sound better than stock.:eek:ccasion1

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

The full system headers flow the air differently to produce more power in the midrange.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts