Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock dyno power is correct at 155-157.

Not sure what went wrong but put the bike on the dyno on bike night and saw low whp for a stock zx10r... It looks very good til the bike got rich around 9-13k. Drop about a quarter inch from there. I knew it was rich after i put the link pipe but the if we clean the afr, it would only still be in the 159-162. Wanted to know what ya inputs are?

Made 156 whp both pulls, they check the drums and still did the same. Shot some flames when WOT was off. My old 09 made 163 on a slip on and pcv.

Specs:
1400 miles, conventional oil. Changing tomorrow.
Leo vince slip on evo R with link pipe.
1500ft, 79 temp
TC off and it was on F.

Upgrades: Sending the ECU off and PCV with BMC filter.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What was your A/F on the dyno runs?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The afr was perfect til 9k it dropped 1 afr off .

I'll look into that today when he sends the sheet.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts

What does this mean?

And it doesnt sound to far off for a bike with no reflash.

This is around what my 1st gen made with a full exhaust and downloaded map.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts

What do you mean by perfect?? What was it? You really can't say what a perfect afr is. Each bike is different.. Some make more power a little leaner and some make power a little richer.. Plus bike temp makes a difference too. My bike makes best power right at 200 drgrees, but I watched an R1 came in the other day that made best power at like 160. So a lot of variables to think about. :thumbsup:

What does this mean?

And it doesnt sound to far off for a bike with no reflash.

This is around what my 1st gen made with a full exhaust and downloaded map.
What i'm guessin he means is more or less went from say 13.2.1 and maybe dropped to 12.2.1??? I hope it wouldn't drop that far in a few k rpm's but who knows..

·
Registered
729 Posts
That sounds about right. U shouldn't expect much more in stock ish trim. Every Dyno can be very different. Even every bike can be a little different stock to stock from the factory.
Std corrections will give you 4% higher HP reading vs SAE correction.

Maybe your ten was made on a Friday. The fastest ones are made on Tuesday. :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
differences in dynos

The actual dyno makes a big difference. I was at a Harley party and the V-twins kept making 120 HP on the dyno they had. I know that this was way too high. I put my ZX-9 on the dyno and made 365 hp. I still have the slip to prove it too!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
What do you mean by perfect?? What was it? You really can't say what a perfect afr is. Each bike is different.. Some make more power a little leaner and some make power a little richer.. Plus bike temp makes a difference too. My bike makes best power right at 200 drgrees, but I watched an R1 came in the other day that made best power at like 160. So a lot of variables to think about. :thumbsup:
My Gen 1 feels like it runs best when its about 175*. Acts like it hates life when it gets 195*+. Just saying because we both have Gen 1s, variables within even the bike.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
My gen 4 ran rich on the dyno too but got better with each run! By the 7th & 8th pull the afr was perfect and it made the most power. The dyno guy said it was as if the bike was "loaded up" from tooling around town.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Above say "9k rpm" the bike is supposed to get richer in stock form because the ECU is programmed to compensate for the ram air at those higher RPM's. Even a custom tune should be richer high up in the RPMs so when doing 100mph + bike will goblle up the forced ram air and lean out. If the bike is not richer up high then you risk running really lean which is a dangerous idea.

Post the graphs from your pull so we can see it.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Question ???

If they can make these complicated dyno's,
then why the hell can't they come up with an idea
for some kinda large blower to blow air at say 120 mph
into the ram air tube ???
To get accurate reading at high RPM's.

I'm just sayin. :dontknow:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Blow compressed air into the intake? seems legit.

My gen 1 seemed to SCREAM when it was like low 40's out lol. Have yet to get my gen 4 on a dyno but I need to. The gen 4 runs way cooler then my gen1, tonight with some speeding it was like 145 degrees, high 30's outside tho.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Question ???

If they can make these complicated dyno's,
then why the hell can't they come up with an idea
for some kinda large blower to blow air at say 120 mph
into the ram air tube ???
To get accurate reading at high RPM's.

I'm just sayin. :dontknow:
Thats why you can get a autotune for you pc or bazzaz.....

Some place do blow fans onto the bike, not at 120mph though haha, the fan would fly away

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Blow compressed air into the intake? seems legit.

My gen 1 seemed to SCREAM when it was like low 40's out lol. Have yet to get my gen 4 on a dyno but I need to. The gen 4 runs way cooler then my gen1, tonight with some speeding it was like 145 degrees, high 30's outside tho.
Yeah, the cooler the air, the more power you will make.
Cooler air is more dense than warm air and mixes better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yeah I youtube a comparison vs the bmw s1000r. The bike should be making 156-158 stock depending on the temp/attitude.

I sent the ECU off to GUHL cause they talked to me like a friend. Dynotronics didn't really seem to give a shit. ECUleased isn't popular as GUHL. Since I had to pull almost everything off. I'm taking off the secondary's, ordered BMC filter, and what else can I do since the bike is apart?

How the heck do some people get like 183 stock with filter and pipe? Quit misleading guys. Everyone is right, the bike is so restricted and has a rev limiter so you can't expect much from the bike as it stands. I say it only take me less than 1 hour to take out the ECU. It was simple and I will be a very happy man when the ECU returns. =)

This is probably the best trusted source.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
If u are sending the ecu to guhl u don't need to remove the secondaries.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts