Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ZX-10R racers. I'm going to be doing my first rack day experience shortly. I wanted to prep the bike as best I could with respect to the lights, mirrors etc.

What is the best thing to do with the rear tail, brake, signal light assembly? Can I just remove the entire thing and use my Targa fender eliminator pieces to cover up the gaps/holes left from removing the entire mud flap? Can you just leave the wire harness with nothing connected to it if you remove the rear light assembly or does something have to be connected to it? What about the head lights, is there a fuse I can remove so they wont be on because they will most likely be taped over?

Mirrors: are the bolts/nuts an integral part of the upper fairing? Will it be compromised if they are removed?

Any other suggestion are much appreciated as to prep. The coolant thing is a non issue and the bike doesn't need all sorts of safety wiring. Supercorsa's are going on it and the bike has a Scotts damper.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Ok...some more suggestions:

Drain the water tank and replace with Water Wetter...make sure you purge the air from the system too...

Remove the fuses for the headlights and taillights...get some blue painter's masking tape for the headlights, taillights and turn signals...

And remove the little rubber piece from the mirror support that is attached to the fairing...underneath it, you'll find an allen bolt that safely removes the mirror stalk without screwing around with the fairings...

Check the track rules for safety wiring needs...

Make sure you have GOOD tread left on your tires and they are at the correct air pressure.

See other thread for parts and things you need to bring and do...

Good luck and have fun...post up some pictures....

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
treyzx10r said:
ahhh the ever neglected search function once again BD to the rescue:mrgreen:
i have no life so why not help eah. :eyecrazy:

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Painters tape on the lights.

if youre changing your fluid, be sure to burp the system.

put a lot of air in your tires before you get there so you can be sure to have the right psi in your tires when you're ready to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts