Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It's been happening here at a few places lately. After the gas prices went through the roof this month there was a big increase in "Pump and Dashes".

·
Registered
92 Posts
I noticed this on a recent Visit, really confused the hell out of me (not hard), how do you know how much to pay for, what if you pay for too much & can't fit it all in your tank :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Choowonit said:
I noticed this on a recent Visit, really confused the hell out of me (not hard), how do you know how much to pay for, what if you pay for too much & can't fit it all in your tank :)
Prepay here in Norcal for years now. Simple....go back to the cashier and get yer cash back unless you feel like leaving a tip to the gas station. :idea:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
:fu2: :eek:ccasion1 do you guys have credit cards or debit cards? I've stoped using cash. When i did use cash i would prepay and then get the change back.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Its only aggravating to me when i want to fill up....cause you have to guess at how much, then you either are short or you have to go back for change.....most times i use the card at the pump anyway.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
card at the pump definitely....but we don't have to prepay....somewhere (I think NJ), you can't pump your own gas...you have let the station attendant do it....

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I remember when.......you just got gas and walked in to pay. Can't think of station anywhere 'round that let's you do that still.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
that's what they do here.....smallville USA though....

·
Registered
92 Posts
DarkAngel said:
Prepay here in Norcal for years now. Simple....go back to the cashier and get yer cash back unless you feel like leaving a tip to the gas station. :idea:

So thats why they grinned so much when i paid for $40 & drove off after only putting $ 20 in :BangHead:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It depends on the station here. If the station has had a lot of "drive-offs" they will establish a pre-pay policy. The part that pisses me off is when you roll up to a pump on a motorcycle and they make you pre-pay, while you wouldn't have to pre-pay if you drove up in a car. Then I have to wonder if motorcycle riders have been ripping them off or are they just prejudiced against motorcycles. Either is not good.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The stations on the barrier islands here mostly let you pump before paying, but I still prefer to pay at the pump with a credit card, especially considering I get a 2% rebate through my credit card company.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Been pay 1st here since the 80's, when Castro sent us all of his criminals from his jails.

Didn't know there was anywhere in Florida it wasn't that way.

Was in Asheville a few years ago and confused someone by trying to pay for gas first. "But you haven't pumped anything yet." was the response.

I use credit at the pump for that reason, much easier than going in, don't have to guess how much to top off.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Been pay 1st here since the 80's, when Castro sent us all of his criminals from his jails.

Didn't know there was anywhere in Florida it wasn't that way.

Was in Asheville a few years ago and confused someone by trying to pay for gas first. "But you haven't pumped anything yet." was the response.

I use credit at the pump for that reason, much easier than going in, don't have to guess how much to top off.
we actually treat people decent here in asheville :wink:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I stopped in a gas station in rural Tennessee recently and it was pump first, pay later. I walked in to pay the bill, and the cashier, a kid about 16 years old, is holding a rifle. He hands it to me and says "Yawl know what caliber this is?" I take a look at it, tell him it's a .22 rimfire, and hand it back. He says "Cool, I'm gettin' me some rats tonight." Only in America. As I left, I was thinking how funny it would have been if a Japanese tourist had wandered in instead. :lol:

·
Banned
89 Posts
Major PITA!!! I waited in line almost 10 minutes, only to guess wrong on how much gas I needed, filled up, waited another 5 minutes to get my change. No longer go to that station.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Y'all can tell you is in a nice neighborhood when you have to pay first. Another good sign is one of them bullet proof glass cashier's office.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts